cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definition of a follow-up action (Email) for a Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I got following situation: I configured the QM for goods receipt and it works so far well but when I got some inspection lots with positions to be rejected a normal notification with an error will be created like this:

Can I somehow define an action or something like this to send an email when such notification will be created? Unfortunately I still didn't find the way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

BR, Denis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I don't see any error message in the screen shot you provided as it pertains to display mode. However you can map the functionality of sending auto email to the defined recipients. This is very well possible. You need work with ABAP and customize your own function module which will capture the necessary information from notification. You should then assign this FM in to action box of the notification type.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

first of all, thank you very much for such a fast responce. Well in my screenshot I just showd an example of the notification.

Could you tell me where I can customize the mapping of the FM to notification? I can not find such a customizing option.

Thanks and BR

Denis

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis, Here is the path,

QCC0 > Quality Notifications > Notification Processing > Additional Notification functions > Define Action Box > Define Functions for the Action Box > Select the notification type that you are using and double click on Activities.

You will find the action boxes customized there for this notification type. If you don't find any you can customize your own say Send mail for this purpose. After that go to detail view of this by double clicking on ti. You will find the Function Module provision to be provided there. Here you can add your own FM which would mainly contain the program of fetching the data from notification. With save event you can trigger this so that as soon as the notification is saved the email will be triggered to the concerned recipients. Possibly you need to work with basis team also who would allow sending email outside SAP.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

thank you for very helpful answer, but could you give me a tipp, how I can define trigger the sending of the email by saving of the notification?

thanks and BR

Denis