cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification on Successful DB13 Backup to Device Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP Basis, I know how to schedule DB12/db13 Backup to Device Job but don't know how to send email after successful completion of the job. Our requirement is when job completed successfully and email alert sent to one or more recipient.

I need step by step configuration to achieve the target.

regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shuja,

Simply schedule the job(s) in DB13,  then search for the released scheduled job in SM37  under job name DBA*.. click on change and add the name or Distribution List to the "Spool List Recipient".

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your reply, I have more questions if you don't mind to ask? Only I can find single recipient option to send email. If I want it to be sent on multiple address (external addresses) how is that possible. 2nd, email notification is valid for single scheduled job sm37 where I change job and add to spool list recipient not for every job which is scheduled in DB13, Am I right... if yes Do I have to change each scheduled job in sm37 daily and add spool list recipient. If wrong what is the possibility for every db13 job for email notification other then this...?

regards,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I want it to be sent on multiple address (external addresses) how is that possible

Simple, create a Distribution list in SO23

2nd, email notification is valid for single scheduled job sm37 where I change job and add to spool list recipient not for every job which is scheduled in DB13

Its a periodic job, if the released job is changed then it should retain the changes.... only one way to know... try it.

Regards, JP

Answers (0)