cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROS_PRESCREEN with ROS on SUS, how to view in EBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>Fact</b>: Newly registered vendors through ROS_SELF_REG needs to be accepted in ROS_PRESCREEN before converted to bidder/vendor in EBP.

<b>Problem</b>: We are currently running SRM4.0 and SUS on different systems, and our ROS is on the SUS system. When vendors register in ROS_SELF_REG, the business partner is created in SUS, you can see this bp in ROS_PRESCREEN of SUS.

When our buyer logs into EBP (sitting in SRM client), the "Preselect Vendors" link will be pointing to the ROS_PRESCREEN in EBP, not SUS. So the ROS_PRESCREEN in EBP for the buyer contains no business partners.

<b>Question</b>: How can the buyer, in EBP, view and accept the newly registered vendors in ROS_PRESCREEN in SUS.

This is what we've done so far:

We've defined an external web service as "List of Vendors" in EBP with URL that points to the SUS ROS_PRESCREEN service. In the ROS_PRESCREEN service in EBP, there is a "External Supplier Directory" box that shows up that allows you to transfer Accepted BP's from SUS via OPI.

But this doesn't solve the issue that we have, which is to have the buyer in EBP, accept these vendors in SUS before they are transfered, because the ROS_PRESCREEN of EBP is empty.

In the Strategic Sourcing configuration guide it says this (Pg 43 bottom):

"If the registration system is located in another system, the URL has to be replaced with the actual URL in transaction PFCG."

But again, in PFCG for whatever role that has the menu link "Preselect Vendors", it only lets you select services from the same SRM system, not from the SUS system. Nor does it let you paste any URL's.

Please let me know if there's a parameter that I need to defined in the Preselect Vendors entry in PFCG.

Much thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Derek

1)In PFCG, select the role with preselect vendors (For example:SAP_EC_BBP_OP_PURCHASER or SAP_BBP_STAL_STRAT_PURCHASER) in CHANGE mode.

2)Right click on the 'Prescreen suppliers' node in the menu and select 'Change node'

3) You will get a screen with BSP appl name etc and a table (grid).

In Parameter column, enter sap-client

In value column, enter your ROS/SUS client.

This should help

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wasn't clear, but our systems are differentiated not by client, but by system number. And in the URL, what's different is the port number, not the client.

So unfortunately i can't distinguish the systems by sap-client number alone.

I appreciate the help tho, but I'm looking for another alternative.

Thanks.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Derek

I thought you mentioned that you are maintaining the URL in 'Catalog call structure' settings in EBP. Maintain the correct URL for SUS/ROS prescreen service there.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's to define the OPI External Supplier Directory for vendor transfer, and is not relevant to the Preselect Vendor menu.

If you read my original post, in EBP, I need to be able to accept newly registered suppliers that's sitting in SUS. To do this, the configuration documentation suggests that you should be able to change the URL of the Preselect Vendor to point to the system that ROS is on. Currently it does not allow me to post URL, just the client, which doesn't work for me because both our EBP and ROS/SUS system has same client, but differentiated by system number or port number.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you pl try this PFCG ?

1) Create a Zrole in PFCG

In the menu, try to add an entry for URL and give complete URL for Pre-Screen. You can use '+Other' button and I think you can choose 'Web address or file' or 'generic url' options to maintain a URL

2) Assign this to your user and test

Best regards

Ramki

Answers (0)