Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Difference in developing the fiori app in js view and XML view

former_member190063
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Why XML view is always preferred than JS view in Fiori applications. In SAP UI5 Demo Tool kit, I can find all UI controls and its associated properties. Normally it is easy to use all those  properties in JS view.But same cannot be achieved in XML view. I am not familiar in developing app in XML view.My doubt is how to use these properties in xml view.

Thanks and regards,

Karthik.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

as mentioned by Sarbjeet, the XML views are the cleaner way and easier to read your code. Back on the earlier days of XS engine and sapui5, we used to do more JS views than XML, however, now the direction is to use XML.

if you struggle with creating your XML views, you could try out (still in beta) the build application so that you can #buildWithBuild and #splash - these are drag and drop tools to help you create responsive UIs.

I believe the Web IDE also has a way to do drag and drop controls so you can build your UIs - depends on your version so hopefully your HANA service pack is not too old and you can benefit from these new features / tools.

please also refer to the Explored tab in the SDK for code samples and controls on the sap.m library

hope this helps

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

XML Views are the most concise and clean way of declaring the view among the available options.

plus you can find the relevant xml code for all the controls here.

SAPUI5 Explored

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh