Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonded warehouse

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello GTS Expert,

Can you please help me to understand what is Bonded Warehouse Form E and Form D and it's uses.

If I want to create new bonded warehouse Form E without disturbing Form D because this is already in our system and my client want to continue with that.

In this case, then how to configure (Steps detail) and calculation of customs value will also change in the new form E ?

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think you are talking about the Customs Warehouse Type - nothing to do with Forms.

Really, you should read the EU Customs Code to find out about this, but in essence the difference is in the valuation of the goods in the warehouse - in particular, the date that is used for exchange rate calculation.

With Type 'D', the exchange rate is determined at the time the goods are entered to the warehouse (in case your purchase currency is different from your country's own currency).  With Type 'E', the exchange rate is determined when you remove the goods from the warehouse into free-circulation (GTS refer to this as "Domestic Issue").

Up to now, the valuation type for the Customs Warehouse is Type 'D', and cannot be changed in GTS.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Dave,

I am talking about CWH.

Any link of EU customs code and how will it help here ?

If you could provide the steps details how it works in GTS it would be great.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can find the Union Customs Code and related documents on the European Commission web-site.

As I said, you cannot currently create a warehouse with Type 'E' valuation in GTS, so there are no steps to describe.

Regards,
Dave

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

You mean to say that we cannot see the form D as well ?

Thanks

Ravi

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

But is there any way to see the D form in GTS ?

Regards

Ravi

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I don't really understand what you are asking here.  Type 'D' warehousing is standard in GTS, and in your first posting, you said that your client is already using it.

So please clarify your question (hint: you might need to use more than 12 words )

Regards,

Dave