cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition value calculation error for order quantity in decimal (KG)

pranay_suyash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a material which has MT as Base unit (UOM) and CAR (carton)  is maintained as an Alternate unit of measure.

now, 50 CAR = 1 MT has been maintained. Pricing Condition record is maintained as INR 1900 per 1 CAR.

Now, when sales order is made with 1 CAR, pricing condition is calculated correctly as INR 95. But, when sales order with 0.5 KG as order quantity is created, the pricing condition value is still 95 while it should have changed to 47.5

I checked after changing the condition record and created Price as INR 95 per 1 KG. then the calculation is correct.

Why is this happening and the value not getting calculated correctly when i maintain condition record based on alternate unit of measure?

Please suggest ways where i can check.

Attached screenshots:

Thanks

Pranay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the screen shot if you check the pricing condition is in Yellow colour which is not yet completly process.

check the pricing analysis for the Reason

pranay_suyash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that is the issue, since it is working when i put order quantities as CAR as 2.5 or any other values in decimals. But for KG, it is taking only whole units.

Thanks

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just select the condition type and go for analysis system will show  you the clue

you can also update alternative units in KG in material master.

did you mention the sales unit in the material master

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your condition record is created for CAR. Base unit of Measure is MT. CAR is alternate unit of measure.

Check by maintaining KG and its conversion for 1 MT in alternate unit of measure.

Regards,

SRK

pranay_suyash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I change it to KG, it is working, but the client does not want to maintain it in KG. They want to maintain the condition record in CAR.

But i am still unable to understand why the conversion is not happening in case of KG.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are you maintaining the KG conversion in alternate unit of measure of Material Master too.

Regards,

SRK

pranay_suyash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Adding KG in the additional unit of measure has no effect.

Analysis only shows that the condition record has been found.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are three Units here

MT, CAR and KG

The only units using in the order are CAR and KG

so you need to maintain the conversions in the material master between CAR and KG

pranay_suyash
Explorer
0 Kudos

The base unit is MT. So the alternate unit can be maintained between any other unit and MT.

The problem is not that the conversion is not happening, the calculation is just not working when sales order is in decimal and unit is kg (e.g. 1.3 kg). The correct value is calculated when the order quantity is in whole units e.g, 1 or 2 kg

pranay_suyash
Explorer
0 Kudos

The client has not maintained KG in alternate unit of measure.

It's not like the calculation is not working for kg. It is only that it is not working for decimal values when sales unit is kg.

Even maintaining KG as alternate unit of measure does not seem to work.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

then you need to check the rouding rule for qty in the Units

did you check the setting in CUNI