cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed on Date at Proj Def level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have few projects in which when I REL or TECO one of the master WBS of that project, the changed on date is updated at master WBS level. However the same is not flowing to the PD level.

Shouldn't the "Changed ON" date at PD level aslo get updated with the date on which the status of master WBS is updated?

Has anyone faced such kind of scenario? Any suggestions on the probable root causes?

Thanks

Regards,

D Patel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change in status of PD from CRTD to PREL is only for reference. It will not update any change history for the Project Definition as it only shows lower level WBS element's information.

Change any value/Status for the PD and it will update the "Changed on" field.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol / Vengaiah

But I do have some projects where the changed on date (PROJ-AEDAT) is getting updated if I change the master WBS status to REL/TECO. Its happening for few cases , but for few cases it is not working.

Any other inputs ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhwni,

Check if change document for status is active in project profile used. (chance that you might me using different profile and hence finding different behavior in update of Change On.

to check on change log of status follow the path :

PD-> basic data-> click on system/user status (nest to system status)-> check change document is checked->extra->change document->all then click on history it show status changes happened for object and date.

Regards.

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

In our case, the change document for status is active in project profile . I want to understand why does PROJ-AEDAT is not getting updated when the status of PD changes to PREL automatically

Thanks

Regards,

Dhwni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhwni,

Are you saving project once the changes are completed? and then back to project to check the field "Change On".

Regards,

Pradeep

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhwni,

In the project profile config, you need to activate change documents check box in two places

One in Basic Data and another in Status Management. When you activate the change document, when you click on PD Status Icon,

If this is set, you should be able to get the status change, if the WBS status is changed to REL, PD status will change to CRTD / PREL

Once done create a new Project and Check

I am not sure, whether you have done this or not. Below is the result of this setting.

Regards

Terence

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhwni,

I think this is so called "by design".  You have PD change documents and you have Status change documents.  For direct changes it can update both, for indirect changes it will update only status change documents.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Pradeep, I am saving the project and then checking the fields "Changed on"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

In my case, the check box is activated in both the places. The issue is that the PROJ-AEDAT is not getting updated when the status is changing from CRTD to PREL.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhwni,

I have gone through OSS notes, and found some notes are relevant. Check below note

991627 - Administrative data of a project is not updated.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Thanks a lot for this note. It looks helpful. I will implement this and see if the issue is fixed.

Appreciate your quick response.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Dhwni Patel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patil,

PD and WBS are different objects. Updating WBS will not update PD.

Thanking

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

If i release the master WBS, the PD system status is changed to PREL automatically. In this case since the status is being changed at PD level too, shouldn't the "changed On" date at PD level be updated ?

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will update when a changes happen for PROJ table .

Thannking you

Vengaiah