cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is difference between DA, DAA, SLD and SMD and How they are interconnected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am new to Solman. For some DVM requirement I have to configure System, Basic and managed system configuration of solman.

I have analyze my SAP landscape  and come to know on every server one diagnostic agent is installed and 2 SMD is there in landscape. My query is how this system are interconnected and for what purpose it is used in solman and how to access DA and SMD. Also, What is the role of SLD in solman.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dipesh Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

DA - Diagnostic Agent

DAA - Default SID name you get when  you install Diagnostic agent on any server,

SMD - Solution Manager Diagnostic Agent ...

All these 3 are same.

SLD - System Landscape Directory --- Which have all the information of you landscape.

While installation a Dignostic Agent it will ask for SLD details... once you update them... the Diagnostic Agent gets registered with the SLD. When installation Dignostic Agent if you have not yet decided on the SLD server... you can later register it manually with smd script(\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA50\script\smdsetup --- script location).

# Registration of agent on sld

smdsetup sldconf hostname:"servername" port:"5xxxx" user:"j2ee_admin" pwd:"xxxx"

For more details on SLD

Hope this info help.

Cheers~

Leela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Leela for your prompt response.

One more quick question!

Where this SLD is installed? and how do I access SMD to check it is collecting data or Not.
Also, In solman how I come to know what to specify in select SLD(under prepare landscape description) step of system preparation.

Regards,
Dipesh Gupta 

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

SLD is shipped with your solman system only, (Netweaver).

http://<SID>.sap.<Domain>.com:PORT/sld

In that solman setup, Along with other SLDs, you must choose the sld which is being data supplier for your solman sld, usually PI SLD will be used but it totally depends on client how they setup and what SLD they use as central SLD sometimes I had seen clients have independent SLD implementations .on Netweaver systems.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishav,

It is possible to check for port of SLD from backend. I have access to backend system.

If possible, please let me know how.

Regards,
Dipesh Gupta

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It will be your http port. SMICM check there.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

The below picture explains you how Technical Systems, SLD, LMDB(In Solution Manager) are connected/data flown. The below screenshot can be seen in Solution Manager system TCODE--->LMDB

To you query.

1)Solution Manager itself has this SLD feature, or you can use the SLD feature from a PI system(If you already have one) or you can install your own SLD server(Netweaver). As mentioned by Rishav it totally depends on the client on how they want to setup this.

2)Technical Systems information can be passed to SLD server as below.

In ABAP system goto TCODE RZ70... If you can give the SLD server details here and pass the system details to SLD server.

In JAVA system you need to configure, please refer to the below link.

Connecting AS Java Systems to the SLD - Configuration of SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

3)Once the SMD/DAA/DA is registered with SLD server(as mentioned in my earlier reply), you can see in the SMD agent logs if the data is sent to SLD server.

4)In Solman to select SLD, you should already know your SLD server where the Technical Systems data is being collected.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Leela.