Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 - popups malformed after system upgrade

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Our system (in preparation for Suite on Hana) has just been upgraded from Basis 702 SP 14, Kernel 721 SP 334, ECC 6.05,  to  Basis 740 SP 12, Kernel 742 SP 300, ECC 6.07.   The Personas 2.0 SP3 system that already exists on this system is now showing some issue with some pop-ups.  For example : Using Basic View, I go to SE16N (general table display), and click on the F4 Help for Table name, I get this "squished" pop-up  (the pop-up is shown in the bottom right corner in the image) --

Normally, the pop-up should be showing the tables I have recently accessed, but only shows a couple of arrow icons.

Not sure if we missed some step during the system upgrade. Has anyone run into this sort of thing on Personas 2.0 after ECC system upgrade ?

Thanks.

Jay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jay, do you have the latest Personas client installed?

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for the response.  I do not believe we have installed the latest "Cumulative Silverlight Client Patch" (Note# 2274219 dated 2-Feb-2016) mentioned in Master Note1964257 for Personas 2.0 SP3. I think we have installed only up thru Sep2015 (or Oct2015).  I will ask our Basis team to install this latest one, then will re-test and report back (hopefully success :-).  Thanks.

Jay.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

We applied the latest Notes that came out in Feb2016 (these are mentioned in Master Note 1964257)

Note 2274219: Cumulative Silverlight Client Patch that contains all fixes until - 2-Feb-2016 * NEW *

Note 2279555 - Screen Personas ABAP Patch: Compress flavor and Transport fixes - 15-Feb-2016  * NEW *

The problem is now fixed.  (I *assume* the Silverlight patch did the trick).

Thanks all,

Jay.

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

Further update : Note 2274219 (issued Feb 2, 2016) fixed the original issue, but looks like it may have broken something else --

In the Basic View of PO Update screen (ME22N), I type in some Header Text using "Continuous-text ed" option, then move away by clicking on something else like Header Note or the Address tab, then click back on Header Text -- the text I had entered, just disappears! The prior Silverlight Note we were on, was the one from Oct2015 -- this issue did not occur on that Note.  We applied Note 2274219 to a couple of other Personas systems we have -- same effect.

Curious to know if anyone else has observed this after applying a recent Silverlight Note on Personas 2.0 SP3.  

Thanks,

Jay.

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I had a similar issue which I raised an oss call for. This was resolved for me by applying SAP Note 1964257

Hope this may help you.

Ian

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the response. I will ask our Basis team to install the latest Silverlight Client Notes mentioned in Master Note 1964257, then will re-test and report back (hopefully success :-).  Thanks.

Jay.

former_member192584
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi jay ,

I too experience the same problem after upgrading.

Can someone help us solve this issue?

Thank you,

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

p.s. via sapgui and webgui, it works fine.

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

p.s.  we have another system, this one at Basis 740 SP 10, Kernel 742 SP 219, ECC 6.07.  The Personas 2.0 SP3 system on this is working fine with respect to pop-ups.