Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection for MA Access DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a data source "Sales"  with MS Access 2013,

I want to create relational connection in SAP IDT to the "Sales" data source. When i select ODBC driver in creation of Connection, I am unable to find my Data source "Sales", even i tried for MS Access 201/2007 and 2013 also.

But did not get my "Sales" name in the list of "select Data Source".

For getting the your datasource name in the list of  "select data source" in connection should i need to install ODBC driver for DSN ? If yes,where to find that driver and how to set it into the System DSN and User DSN.

Ankit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahboob,

thanks for reply,

Could you say please how do i fix this ODBC driver into my client machine!

What are the several steps do need to install ODBC driver ?

and is there any issue regarding 64bit driver and 32bit?

Thanks

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the control panel->Administrative Tools->Data Source (ODBC)->Create System DSN.

Select the MS access driver and create the ODBC connection.

After that same will appear in the IDT connection.

For your local system it is going to be 32 bit only.

Amit

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

1. Go to the Control panel -> Administrative Tools -> open Data Source (ODBC) -> go to System DSN tab.
  2. Click Add -> in the Create New Data Source window, scroll down to select Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb), click Finish
  3. In the next sceen, specify a name for this ODBC (exactly the same name if this ODBC exists on the BO Server), click Select and in the window that opens up, navigate to the path and select the database and hit OK.
  4. Click OK to close the ODBC window as well.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

sonet_kebede
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check the 64 bit or 32 bit ODBC and select the System DSN

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Yes, you should have the ODBC driver installed on the client machine, create an ODBC pointing to that database and then you can create a connection in IDT to use that ODBC you created earlier.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed