cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP eWM 2-way integration simulation tools

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP eWM 2-way integration simulation tools

I need your help to get implementation details on the below topic.

My client is implementing SAP eWM and the Knapp/SSI Schafer warehouse automation system

I'm looking for a test platform to test and simulate the two-way integration between the systems.

In particular, the movements of totes through the warehouse and their interaction with printers, rails, servers, racks, operatives.

There are OEM simulation software (e.g. Knapp KiSoft Sandbox) to emulate the warehouse side of the integration and simulate the statistical delays and queues associated with the printer and totes. 

the simulation software should help to simulate the Idoc messages to and from the SAP and warehouse machines.

Does anyone have any examples of this being implemented with OEM simulation software eg KiSoft or other ?  

Could you please help to get the implementation details like testing approach used during the testing phases like development, intergration, regresssion and UAT test.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Ajit_Routray
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear V D

Adding to Jobi , you can check the below link for PLC Emulator.

PLC Emulator

Thanks

AR

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello VD

You can use sap ewm mfs to connect KNAPP KiSoft sandbox.

sap ewm mfs uses RFC protocol where as PLC using TCP/IP protocol.

So we need an RFC adapter  to connect your sap ewm mfs and KNAPP KiSoft system.

There is an RFC adapter from SAP called SAP PCo

There are some other adapters in the market or you can develop as per the requirement.

Basically we flow the messages through this adapter.

sap ewm mfs does not use Idocs it uses telegrams.

we must need this simulation tool to perform the testing. Testing on  real equipment can be expensive and time consuming. testing would be easy  once you make a connection with simulator tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jobi Ajit,

I'm looking for step by step integration approach including the pre requisite steps for various testing phases for the SAP EWM and WH automation system.

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VD

You can follow this link and complete basic configuration first.

Set Up the Material Flow System - SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM) - SAP Library

Connect the automated warehouse via SAP PCo.

After the successful connection between ewm and wcu  you will be able to send and receive telegrams.

later.....