cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on studying for SAP exam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am busy with my SAP certification studies for NetWeaver with an eye to moving into administration based on SQL.

I've got access to the training site, and have set up a small VM environment (DC, DEV, QAS & PRD) on my home PC to do the labs that I can.

I've got a breakdown of the exam topics but would like some pointers for those of you who have written the exams.

* Do I need to learn a lot of theory? (SAPTEC, the TADM10/12 modules and anything else)

* What sort of questions are asked? Ie. technical/theory-based

* How difficult is the exam, and how much preparation needs to be done?

* Any other pointers...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

* Conceptually, you must be clear. All the concepts must be crystal clear, as the questions are based on concepts. Please this is not test of memory, but test and fundamental knowledge.

* Nobody is able to advise you what sort of questions are asked. SAP will have huge volume of questions in their database, from which the questions will be picked up and given to you.

* If you are clear and concepts, you can easily pass the exam. If the concepts are unclear, then it would difficult to pass the exam.

* Read the curriculum books religiously at least 5 times before the exam.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Ravi.

I managed to get access to the training through my company and have been doing it at night for the better part of about 7 months now. I've done the labs where I could, and took the exam topics with their %, put that into a spreadsheet and approached that as best as I can by going through the relevant courses online and making notes.

I've got about 6 more topics to do. Plan to finish those with notes, and then read the consolidated manuals, do more labs and study my notes before writing the exam.

I've done numerous IT certs, and the worst exams were Microsoft MCSE exams where they really threw in curveballs of note. I hope SAP isn't the same.

Thanks very much for the assistance above, I really appreciate it!

Regards,

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.