SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EA26 runtime is uneven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an issue on production system wherein the number of print documents created after EA26 run is very uneven and varies widely.

At times there are (say) 50k print documents created and next day (say) 70k and then (say) 40k documents.

We have suggested to create a batch program that will call multiple EA26 jobs based upon the count of CAs and the maximum number of CAs that can be processed (say 10k).

Example if the count of CAs is 50,000 then 50,000 / 10,000 = 5 EA26 jobs are called.

Like implementing parallel processing for the tcode.

My question is that is there any other way we can resolve this issue? Some standard SAP settings that might help us resolve the issue?

Or we can enhance some events?

Kindly suggest.

Early help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

G. Kaur

6 REPLIES 6

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I guess I don't understand what problem you are trying to solve here - I do not see one to solve.  EA26 will try to process all available billing documents.  If 50K are available then they will be invoiced; if 70K are available the next day then those are processed.  Beyond that, you cannot execute parallel transactions for any mass activities as you will get locking errors - and will result in even fewer results than keeping it as is.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi William,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The issue is that we want to restrict the number of billing documents that are selected for processing in EA26.

Is there any way of doing that?

Thanks and Regards,

G. Kaur

0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't able to understand your actual requirement because EA26 itself is capable for parallel processing, If you want to play with interval generation of contarct account then please check if you can put you custom logic in below FM.

Object                           FM

AR_ACCT_MXISU_DYN_MASTERVK_INTERVALS
AR_GPARTISU_DYN_GPART_INTERVALS

Regards

Manoj

0 Kudos

There is not really any means of achieving that with EA26, maybe only with EA10 which is not parallelized.

EA26 wants to process all accounts - unless you specify directly the accounts to process in the selection criteria.  Setting some value as a maximum number of invoices (via one of the invoicing events) would mainly affect always the same intervals/accounts so that one account might not get processed successfully for many days. 

Ultimately, i struggle to understand the business benefit of this, and would recommend against it.  instead the business should manage the invoices by managing the meter reading and billing schedules so that the volume is controlled at the source.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I would do for this requirement is the following:

1) Add a new custom field ZINVDATE type DATS in table EITR (you can do this in CI_EITR)

2) Create a new Z program that will go through all records in EITR and decide based on your own rules, how many invoice should be created on that date and change the field ZINVDATE to today's date. This program shall be executed before EA26.

3) in EA26 you should see the new ZINVDATE field in the custom selection. You need to select that field and enter today's date. EA26 will then just select the invoices you have selected to print today and leave the other ones in EITR tables for next days.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

http://sap-isu.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar requirement here. The goal was to create a consistent invoice volume for printing instead of hugely fluctuating invoice volume. (so that the print company can efficiently plan their resources).

As Willam has pointed out above, the best solution would be to fix it at the MR scheduling itself so that MRO's gets generated evenly for the dates. But here reads are not taken on weekends and hence if Scheduled MR date fall on weekend , they get moved to either previous business day or subsequent business day. Hence the volume fluctuation gets worse when long weekends come.

The work around done was to run a pilot program before the actual billing run, this custom program will calculate the expected invoice volume ( based on billable orders existing at that point of time). if its above the defined threshold (say 50K), then program will determine a set of Portions that can be excluded from invoicing to bring down the volume. These portions will be updated to the template variant used for EA26 run (to be excluded).  The logic needs to look at the SBD of the portion also to make sure the same portion will not get skipped on consecutive days.

Thanks,

Vibin