cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of documents by folder name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I use the following method call to get the list of all the documents 50 at a time.

request.send(BIP_RWS + "/raylight/v1/documents?offset="+offsetindex+"&limit=50", "GET", null);

Is it possible to extract the list of documents from a specific public folder by using the folder name?

Regards,

-Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

No, its not possible with the name.  Raylight APIs will return webi documents based on IDs

If you use the platform APIs you will be able to return everything within a specific folder using the Folder ID.

eg:   GET  .../biprws/infostore/<folderID>/children

that will list all objects within the folder (folders and reports).  If you just want webi documents then you can specify the type:

GET  ../biprws/infostore/<folderID>?type=webi

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

The only problem that I foresee with this approach is the need to know the folder ID beforehand. The same folder can have different ID in different environments.

Is it possible to get the folder ID based on folder name somehow?

Regards,

-CF

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

to get the folder IDs of the public folders, you can first query for the folders under the Public Folders root

GET  .../biprws/infostore/23/children?type=folder

this will return the folder names and IDs (23 is the fixed root folder ID in all environments).  you can then find the specific folder name you are looking for and get its ID.  If its a few levels deep, then just search recursively.

In BI4.2, there is a new API allowing you to pass custom Select queries to the CMS so you will be able to query for an object by name (eg:  "Select SI_ID from CI_INFOOBJECTS where SI_NAME='myFolderName' and SI_KIND='Folder'  "), but this feature will not be available in BI4.1.

Dan

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Instead of ID or name, you could use CUID of the folder which will never change.

Regards,

Anthony

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member230921
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

In my case , i have folders and subfolders. i need to fetch all the webi reports from a particular folder and from its subfolders.

Is it possible to fetch all the webi reports within a folder and its sub folders in a single call ?

former_member230921
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. Not possible in single call.

You have to use "GET .../biprws/infostore/<folderID>/children?type=webi" in loop.

https://answers.sap.com/answers/12871177/view.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan and Anthony for your help.

Regards,

-CF