Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto HU creation for IBD WT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts  ,

We have below scenario

The HU need to be created automatically when we confirming the WT from Staging to final Storage Bin. I have created the Pack specification for that material . but system is not generated the auto HU and asking the maintain the destination HU while confirming the WT.

Anybody have idea about this  ?

Thanks and Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

not sure about the variation CK Reddy described, I have never got that working (maybe he can explain a little bit more detailed), but what always worked for me is that the HU is automatically created in the inbound delivery in EWM already. This way the HU information is already there when you start the WT creation.

Requirements: you have a packaging specification (you wrote you got that). In that one on the packaging level the flag "HU creation" must be set.

Then you need to check the determination procedure for this packaging specification. This determination procedure must be assigned to the document type of your inbound delivery (what would be INB / PDI in the standard settings).

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeurgen ,

Thank you for your response.

HU Indicator is flagged at Packaging specification level.

I have the Pack specification and in that there is determination procedure(0WHTA)  maintain with Cond. Type 0WHT with Product with required Packaging material .

Failed to understand about the Assignment of Inbound Delivery Document type . Could you please elaborate more ? Thanks for your help

Thanks

Pavan

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

if we want to get Auto HU at the time of IBD with condition procedure 0IBD, it would required to maintain the condition procedure per the document types.

that set up , we can find out in the below path..

SCM Extended Warehouse Management-Extended Warehouse Management-Goods Receipt Process-Inbound Delivery-Manual Settings-Define Document Types for Inbound Delivery Process

There , should not check the ' No automatic packing '

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Your HUs will get created once WT is get created .Right .

Then you have to do packaging for those 5 HUs for which you have maintained packspec.

So you have to work with determination procedure which will trigger once system met below combination for your packspec:

Cond Table

Access Sequence

Cond. Type

Document Type

BR,

Olet

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Check the access type against the access sequence , which is maintained for the condition table.

If you are using the standard setup, access sequence is ' 0WHT ' & condition table is 'SAPWHTA1'.

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ..

Thanks a lot for your help.

The issue is solved in manual way. it means.. for 250 Qty , Im able to create the HU manually when I say Pack in IBD. But my requirement is like system automatically create 5 HU's and distribute the quantity to HUs based on Packaging specification. Trust this can be possible.

Could you please help me with your experience ..

Thanks

Pavan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Use condition procedure 0WHT in packaging specification along with quantity classification to get the Auto HU during WT creation.

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CK,

Thanks for you response.

I have maintained packspec with 0WHT cond. type with HU Qty 50 .

The IBD is having 250 Qty and system is not creating the HU Automatically .expected that system has to create 5 HU's .  It is giving error while confirming the WT " Enter Destination HU " . I'm creating the HU manually in Pick HU Tab , than system allowing me to post the document.

Strange .. Missing somewhere   ..

Thanks

Pavan