cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-resource scheduling heuristic SAP_MULT_SCH problem

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a business requirement to setup DS scheduling in a PP-PI scenario with multiple production lines(3) for one product. Every line has a separate production version with different production times (3 PDS).Every production version (PDS) has one operation with two phases (setup and produce).

So, we are trying to use the SAP_MULT_SCH heuristic but it's not working as planned. The heuristic is not rescheduling on alternate PDS when we have multiple orders on the same day. It is not returning any error/warning messages in the log.

Heuristic settings:

Master recipe:

DS planning board after heuristic:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Hrvoje

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

not necessary to have all orders in the same day , this depend on period definition in Heuristic

and you can also use this Heuristic in PPDS Run , not only DS Planning board

Thanks

Rami

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member830572
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone please guide how to do Step wise in PPDS S4/HANA

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you  activated the business function SCM_APO_PPDS_PI?

It is available in SCM Release 7.02.

SCM-APO-PPS, Continuous Production and Multi-Resource Scheduling - Business Functions (SAP Enhanceme...

Please refer this wiki page

Scenario - Run Heuristic SAP_MULT_SCH in PPDS Planning Board - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN W...

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Dear R.Brahmankar,

Yes I have activated the business function. The heuristic would not be visible if I haven't.

regards,

Hrvoje

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you follow the steps given the wiki link?

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes I have followed all the steps.

While I retraced all of the master data I have discovered that the problem was due to mode and priorities in the PDS. All three had the same mode but different priories. Changing this solved my problem.

Now I am trying to add the GR time on the product master (there is a handling resource for the location). I re-read the planed order with the source of supply and go to the DS planning broad. I try to use Multi resource heuristic but it is not working.

Can Multi resource heuristic work with the GR processing time?

Thanks in advance,

H.Bogati

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I know it should work. Have you selected Handling resource in DS board?

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Hello,

The handling resources were selected.

I have put max. number of period backwards to 2 (from 1) in the heuristic settings and it is working now with handling resources.

Still not really clear about the heuristic settings impact.

But, as far as my problem goes, it is solved.

Regards,

Hrvoje Bogati

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have no idea about it also no help available in SAP documentation.

If issue is solved then please close the discussion.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hrvoje,

In one of your reply above, you mentioned that during the retrace of all master data you discovered the problem, which was the mode and priority in PDS. All three have same mode but different priorities. After changing them, it solved the problem.

Can you share what you changed to solve the problem?

We have same scenario and not works as expected with heuristic (SAP_MULT_SCH). it does not switch to alternate resource (the other PDS).

Should all related PDS have same mode, or different?

Should all related PDS have same priority or different?

Thanks!

Ying 

0 Kudos

Hi Ying,

As I recall we changed it so the PDSs had different modes.

But we had some problems with this heuristic in getting it to work consistently across different data and with long GR days.

In addition we had seen that there is room for improvement in regards of master data in the system and the actual process of deciding which resource to use. So, at the moment, we are doing the reallocation of orders manually. There are actually a lot of "hidden" rules involved in the process that have to evaluated.

We aim to revisit this heuristic in the future...

Best of luck,

Hrvoje

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hrvoje,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried to modify the parameters on the heuristics to test around. It works, but as you mentioned that there are hidden restrictions, such as order duration (including GR time). Example: for the same resource, if there are orders with duration of 5 days and the ones are with 10 days. then it does not work as expected for both orders.

Thanks,

Ying