cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowness while starting Shop order with huge quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are seeing slowness when we start the Shop order which has 2.5K quantity. We are using couple of activity hooks for PRE_START and Starting all the 2.5K shop orders together by giving Shop order in SFC field of POD. Some times start of 2.5K SFC's  will take 3 mins or timeout.

Any suggestion on what KPI's to look at? IS there any benchmark that is suggested on the max number of SFC's that can be started to have optimal performance?

-Adarsha.K.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Adarsha,

Start action is controlled by the timeout in System Setup. By default, it is 5 minutes. So, you want to process 500 SFCs in a minutes, that is 8-9 SFCs per second. Taking into account your hooks, I would say it is a bit more than expected. Normally it should be about 5 "simple" objects per second. "Simple" needs to be clarified for each context separately.

Thus I would say your timeout error at Start is quite expectable.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Is there any document or Best known methods to handle Shop orders with huge quantity?

-Adarsha.K.S

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Adarsha

You won't find any formal documentation on this -  but this group has a wealth of experience to help. First of all make sure your production model matches production reality - in most cases this will help you to avoid creating very slow transactions like releasing 2500 serialized SFCs in one go. There may be some SAP Notes out there but likely they will simply discourage such actions too, or give general recommendations about making sure you have as few hooks on order release etc - these may only have minimal impact anyway and won't solve the problem completely.

Stuart

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I would also strongly suggest changing the way your production is modelled in SAP ME. Unless you are physically starting 2.5K individual serialized units in production, then to start this many SFCs is not correct. You will be unlikely to improve the performance by much.

Stuart

0 Kudos

Hi Adarsha,

I would suggest comparing timings with and without activity hooks. Most likely it will give you the answer.

For deeper investigation, please, follow instructions from this page: Performance Problems - SAP Manufacturing Execution (ME) - SCN Wiki

Br, Alex.