cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS Connection without User name/pwd

0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to set up an FTPS connection from PI to third party for file transfer.

But the third party team told they cannot share user name/pwd of their FTP server, Instead of that they are asking us to create an Domain user ID in SAP system and asking us to share it with them, because their system is configured only to authenticate domain users

Is it possible to configure FTPS connection without user/pwd of ftp server...?

If Private key authentication option is used in File Adapter then User name/ pwd is not required...?

Please suggest on the options I have here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vijender_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Refer to link of Raghuraman . It is clearly mentioned how to select the certificate .

Reggards,

Vijender

vijender_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth ,

You can achieve it through changing the Anonymous login .

Regards,

Vijender

0 Kudos

Hi Vijender,

Usually Anonymous login is disabled in FTP servers for security reasons.

Is there any security concerns if anonymous login is used..?

Also I want to know if private key authentication option is used in channel then user/pwd is required or not required for FTPS connection...?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinoth,

If you select certificate based authentication and select anonymous login then no need to maintain username/password.

for more details refer the below link

You can suggest them to create a separate username for PI login and share with you if feasible.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

You can use a certificate to do the connection and to use anonymous login, check this link

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Anonymous login option is available but due to security reasons in most of the Third Party FTP server it is disabled.