cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Implementations on Single HANA DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are preparing a Demo to install ERP on HANA and S/4 HANA on the same HANA DB.

ERP on HANA implementation is now completed, and we need to plan S/4 HANA implementation on a separate node using the same HANA DB.

Our HANA DB is installed as 'Single_Container', is it possible to install multiple Netweaver systems on this HANA DB?

If not, what else are my options.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards,

Naga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju.

please take a look. You can use an Hana DB with Multitenant. But if you have installed as Single Container, you will have to convert it to Multiple Container Mode.

Multitenant Database Containers - SAP HANA Administration Guide - SAP Library

Best Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo,

Thanks for the quick response.

We will convert the current HANA DB to mutiple-container.

One question though, our ERP application server is installed on a separate node using the current HANA DB. Once converted to multiple-container HANA DB, how is the ERP node going to get effected. Any specific steps to perform for ERP to be able connect to the DB, post convertion of HANA DB?

Thanks,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I never had to perform such a migration, but my understanding is that there is no changes to the current ERP database/schema.

Please take a look ate this sap note:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1wdCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

and also take a look at this blog:

Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Osvaldo!

HANA DB converted successfully, and ERP NW node had no issues connecting to HANA after conversion.

I have one more question, we have another HANA Single Container system with ERP implementation. Can i use the same Single Container HANA DB to install another system, say, NW BI? Or should i have my HANA DB converted to Multi Tenency first?

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

If not used for production purpose, you can consider to use MCOD, MCOS and MDC also.

Regards,

Ning Tong

Answers (0)