cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Windows 64-bit ODBC driver for ASE 12.5.4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have a Warehouse Management System running in our China Factory, that was originally build on a Sybase Database 12.5.4

This system was build like 10 years ago, and we purchased the factory some years ago.

Now, we would like to connect via our Windows OBIEE (Oracle Reporting platform) to this database. OBIEE is running on a Windows Server 2008R2 Enterprise Edition 64 bit platform, so I need ODBC drivers for this 64-bit Windows Server platform to connect to this database.

Since we only have the CD (from 10+ years ago) that has 32 bit drivers, I can't install the correct driver.

I already tried to download the SDK for ASE16, but that driver doesn't work with the DB-version (12.5.4). There is currently no way to upgrade the WMS Database and I have already called SAP but they don't sell the drivers to me as I have no SAP ERP running.

Does anyone have any idea how I can obtain the 64-bit drivers for Windows to connect to this specific 12.5.4 version of the Sybase DB?

Any help would be much appreciated, I am already searching for weeks but I am out of resources....

Regards,

Norman Veger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dawn_kim
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please get SDK for SAP ASE 15.5 last EBF or SDK 15.7 current EBF for Windows x64.

The EBF is a complete install package so no base is needed. Make sure you right click the setup.exe and run as administrator. This will install both the 32 and 64 bit odbc drivers to connect to the ASE. Test to see if this works.

If you are running into any issues update the ASE MDA scripts.
Check your current version by logging into the ASE and type sp_version.

steps are here:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SYBCON/Installing+the+MDA+scripts+for+the+drivers

Thanks,
Dawn Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dawn,

many thanks for your reply. Do you have a download link to the proposed SDK's? If so, are they free of charge for download?

Thanks,

Norman

dawn_kim
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a trial/free version of the SDK up on this site:

http://scn.sap.com/community/downloads

There is an article titled "The SCN Download Center is NOw on the SAP Store: What's New

In this article there is a link to the SAP store click it

Then do a search for SAP SDK FOR Adaptive Server Enterprise"

Click the free trial and it will ask for your information and send you an email.

From the link you get you should see a list of the SDKs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You made my day!!!!!!

Many thanks!!!