Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help in IW31/IW32

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on IW31/IW32 screens. I need to get fields from the 'Notification' screen to main screen.

When I click on 'Notification' button, a new screen opens, and there are couple of search helps involved here.

1. Coding

2. Damage

3. Cause Code.

These fields do not have direct search help assigned, rather a FM does a call screen to show the search help.

Any ideas on how can I get these search helps to open for custom fields in the main screen of IW31/32?

Regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is not exactly straightforward but doable. You'll definitely need some ABAP development though.

For Damage and Cause, the function module generating these tree selections is called QPK1_GP_CODE_SELECTION. It is called in subroutine CALL_CODE_SELEKTION_F40 of function group IQS0. You can set a break point at this function call and see what are the parameter values passed on to this FM, depending on which field are you asking for the values. Once you know that, you'd have to create a search help which somehow calls this function module. Perhaps using a search help exit could work here, and in an appropriate search help exit, you could call this function module.

Once you have a search help, enabling this for Personas is easy as described in the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3862924

So yes, this is not so simple but with some creative ABAP work it should be possible.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Great. I had to brush up my skills on Search Help Exit to do that. Great tip.

I got the selected value into the new field. Related question. How do I get the text of the selected value (Search Help returns it) to a label?

Regards

Krishna

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm just guessing here but if you created your own search help using an exit, then you can return the text as an additional parameter, perhaps updating a memory parameter with it then read that memory parameter and change the text of the label in your script? Something like that.

Great to hear that you were able to get the search help exit solution working. Since I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in your work, it would be worth to describe the solution in a blog post, This could also help in figuring out how to get the text that you are looking for, since others could see how your code is and come up with some recommendation.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure Tamas, I will blog about it very soon.

When you say "read that memory parameter", you mean using a WebRFC? So that would require another server round trip just to get the text?

Regards

Krishna

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If someone is looking for the detailed answer

Answers (0)