cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace service works in Web IDE not when deployed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have created an enhancement project for the default Create Travel Request Fiori app.  In doing so I also redefined the existing odata service SRA004_SRV to include additional entities and called this extended service ZRA004_SRV.  I was able to successfully utilize this new service in my app when developing in the hosted Web IDE.  The changes to the app manifest.json are as such:

"dataSources": {

"SRA004_SRV": {

"uri": "/sap/opu/odata/sap/ZRA004_SRV/",

"settings": {

"localUri": "./localService/metadata.xml"

}

}

},

"sourceTemplate": {

"id": "fioriexttemplate.replaceservicecomponent",

"version": "1.4.0"

}

When I deploy my app to the Abap repository - creating my new catalog, semantic object, etc.. along the way I am able to run my new app HOWEVER it is NOT calling the newly defined service and is instead calling the original oData service... does anyone know why the extended service is not called and the old one is???

All help is appreciated!

regards,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jochinnabathini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Try clearing the cache by using below transactions:

/n/iwfnd/cache_cleanup in Frontend

/n/iwbep/cache_cleanup in both Frontend and Backend.

And run report /UI2/INVALIDATE_GLOBAL_CACHES in se38 - Execution mode.

Hope this helps,

JC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

First, thanks for trying to help out!

I tried these but still no luck... really at a loss here.  I did notice that in many of the tutorials out there they make reference of the serviceConfigs array in the component.js but I noticed that when you specify a service replacement enhancement in Web IDE it doesnt update the component.js at all and instead the manifest.json... is this correct?

Still at a loss why this would work perfectly in the Web IDE debugger and fail to call the redefined service when deployed to Gateway...

thanks,

Kevin