cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple data security profile filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

though I searched SCN and found some documents that seem to cover my problem (like ), the solutions provided there do not work out for me.

Using SAP BO 4.1. SP5, I want to build multiple Data Security Profiles for row level security with following requirements:

Filter is applied on only one dimension, [Company]. A user can belong to several user groups, each group is allowed to retrieve information for just one company.

Filter for each security profile looks this: "[Company] = 'Company_A'"; or "[Company] = 'Company_B'"

Everything is fine as long as a user belongs to only one group. But if a user is assigned to 2 or more groups, the queries do not retrieve any values. This is because the WHERE clause in the query looks like:

WHERE ("[Company] = 'Company_A'") AND ("[Company] = 'Company_B'")

which obviously prevents any data to be retrieved. I also tried "IN" as a filter condition ([Company] IN ('Company_A')), but it didn't work out either.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay,

I found the solution myself.

In the "Universes / Profile" tab in security editor you can specify - either for the whole universe or the single restrictions - whether you want the restrictions to be hard or soft. Means, whether you want to combine them with AND, ANDOR or OR.

Please see attached screenshot for reference.

Bests,

Daniel

Answers (0)