Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit financial planning info for a bucket

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am unable to edit/add financial planning information for a bucket.

I have done the following

SAP Portfolio and Project Management under Start of the navigation path Portfolio Management Next navigation stepGlobal Customizing Next navigation stepPortfolio-Independent Settings Next navigation stepDefine Financial and Capacity Categories

Portfolio Management Next navigation stepGlobal Customizing Next navigation stepPortfolio-Independent Settings Next navigation stepDefine Financial and Capacity Views

I want to set budget (and if possible funding) for the bucket I have created.

I have attached the screen shot. I am thinking if I have missed any authorization since I don't see the Function button enabled.

Note: I will need to integrate with FICO later but as of now I just want to enter data in PPM - financial planning.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwini

Did you make the relevant settings under 'Define Financial and Capacity Views" ? Consider the below example:

The first financial view is configured as a manual input at Bucket level. The second view will also be seen at Bucket level as an aggregated value (detail maintained at Item level)

Let me know if you need me to elaborate

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini

Also to add to the above:

1. Did you perform the customising step "Define Financial and Capacity view for front end configuration" , and

2. Under Portfolio-Dependant Settings -> Define Financial Capacity Settings for Portfolio Types by linking your Financial Category and Financial Views to the Portfolio

Best,

C

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Charl,

I have the following configuration. I have not configured anything for capacity, I need only financial configuration now.

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charl,

Thanks for your response. That helped however following had to be done. Since I had created bucket/item earlier, I had to run /RPM/PLAN_INT_PREP for Portfolio and buckets

Following from config guide

If you add categories or groups after Item and Bucket creation, run the report

/RPM/PLAN_INT_PREP. In general it is strongly recommended to avoid changes

in the Customizing after Item, Initiative or Bucket creation

Now I am able to enter financial planning information at bucket level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great. Glad you found a solution!