cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bom, Work Centers, routings governance through MDG?

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have couple of questions on MDG Features and I am yet to get access MDG box to verify below.

Can we create any production related master data (eg. BoM, Work centers, routings, production versions) directly in MDG and then activate to send to ECC?

Can we create engineering BoM's in MDG and conduct Engineering Change Management Activities through MDG?

We have some Variant configuration related settings in ECC like object dependencies. Can these be handled in the now or future through MDG?

Appreciate your answers..!

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

BOM, Routing, Work Centres are not covered by MDG. Materials are covered.

You can build your own custom object model for these objects. But that is far more work.

If you also want to conduct Engineering Change Management then I would say use the PLM web UI Change Management functionality. To manage the changes.

What functionality of MDG do you specifically want to use for these objects?

Cheers,

Henk.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Henk..!

with mdg 8.0 , It's still not covered? BOM, Routing, Work Centers governance.. Basically My understanding is that if we do not have those entities/attributes for these objects in MDG, we can't govern them. Am I right?

other one is...The object dependencies I am trying to address through MDG is around BoM's, Routing operations  and that of materials ( For ex: for a particular value of characteristics A, Characteristics B to have value X). I have seen MDG earlier version such as 6.1 or 7.0 we can govern classifications but not sure about dependencies around for BoM's Routing and Work Centers etc.

Is it handled through MDG8.0?

Thanks

Praveen

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Indeed still not covered with MDG 8.0, out of the box by SAP.

However there is a partner extension by Utopia which covers BOM and Work Centers. Which is based on SAP PM. It is called EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) Extension.

As said before there is the option of custom model. Then you have to build/config the entities and attributes your self. But more important you also have to build the rules.

Object dependencies are not covered by SAP. As you mention for material you can maintain classification. But no object dependencies. For sure not for BOM, routing and Work Centers as they are not covered at all.

Cheers,
Henk.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks..Henk..That Works.

-Praveen

Answers (0)