Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG C Enhance Address UI with new search criteria

aupad
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need your help in extending the MDG Customer UI Address Search with additional new search criteria.

Can you please guide me how to go about it, I couldn't find any document or thread on this to help.

Thanks

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aupad
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I wanted to add a new dropdown list as email id for this address search for customer MDG screen.

I am checking that this search already had a code for email id in the class "CL_MDG_BS_ADR_SEARCH" and it is coming from the webdynpro component "WD_SELECT_OPTIONS_20" .

I am not getting from where these fields are flowing into this dropdown list and how it is getting defaulted.

Can anyone please help in with some inputs where i can search or configure it in the system so i can activate the Email id search for the same.

Thanks

Ankur

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

The address search is based on the DB mode. Go to MDGIMG --> General Settings --> Data Quality and Search --> Search and Duplicate Check --> Define Search Applications.

Here you have the search model DB which uses the search class CL_USMD_SEARCH_DATA_DB.

One level below the search appl. you have the searh help allocation to the search class. Here you will find that the included search help name is MC_BP_ADDRESS which has the description "Address Data" which matches with the text in the BP search application (as in your picture).

That is the configuration part.

The logic is implemented in the handler class. For address search it is in handler class CL_MDG_BS_BP_HANDLER methods

Execute query:

IF_MDG_BS_BP_ACCESS_HANDLER~EXECUTE_QUERY  and for address data  are in QUERY_BP_HEADER  and QUERY_BP_BY_ADDRESS

Define search attr.:

IF_MDG_BS_BP_ACCESS_HANDLER~GET_QUERY_PROPERTIES QUERY_PROP_BP_HEADER and QUERY_PROP_BP_BY_ADDRESS.

So if you want to add additional attributes you have two options. Extend/modifiy handler class CL_MDG_BS_BP_HANDLER or create your own handler class with DB search and add it as a new Search application and search help (configuration).

Then you also need to update the Communictor configuration and add the new search UIBB.

Hope this helps to get you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Henk.

aupad
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Henk for the quick response ..

Can you share any document ( having steps to do ) regarding the same, would be really helpful.

help will be highly appreciable

Thanks

Ankur 

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Sorry I have no document at hand about this topic.

Henk.

former_member702623
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Let me know how you added email field in search criteria.

Thanks in adavance.