Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 6.1 - Need to default category based on classification hierarchy

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have defined my classification hierarchy for my portfolio.

Based on the selection, I want to default certain Category values.

This is in Item screen -- classification tab.

Is it possible to define field dependencies i.e. selection of certain value should narrow down selection list in another dropdown, etc?

Regards,

Ashwini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwini

This is not possible through standard customising and you will have to enhance the functionality to achieve this.

Regards

C

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

How can I achieve this?

Regards,

Ashwini

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Charl,

I want to know whether this enhancement involves BADIs or FPM changes or anything else at a high level - I don't need details.

Regards,

Ashwini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini

From a functional perspective I can just mention that we have developed field relationships where the value for Field A determines the allowed input for field B. We have a value table in the back against which we do the validations/search. We then implemented an enhancement and during Item maintenance of this field the specific search help is called. We therefore work with static values whereas you are looking to work with master data (Classification hierarchies are added at any time) against which you want to limit the allowed values for your Category field. Yours is therefore more  complicated than what we have done and this requirement is definitely not catered for in standard

I suggest you/your developers investigate any enhancement spots available for Item maintenance and consider again whether you really want to go down the path of developing this solution.

Not sure this helps but all I can offer in this regards

Regards,

Charl

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for your response. This helps !!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vishwas29
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwini,

Can you provide which table stores the classification Hierarchy data assigned to an item?