cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing HTTP channel timeout in PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are running a ccBPM in SAP PI 7.0 with synchronous HTTP (ABAP adapter, not _AAE) call to third party system.

This HTTP call is sometimes longer than standard timeout in Integration Engine.

Can I increase HTTP timeout for this specific channel only?

What if I use "HTTP Destination" addressing instead of "URL" and set greater HTTP timeout in sm59 setting for this destination?

I know there is HTTP_TIMEOUT parameter in SXMB_ADM transaction but I wouldn't like such a global change involving all communications.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

I think you should try with the timeouts defined inside the ICM, this PI part is the responsible to the http connections. Check these links:

Timeout Options for ICM and Web Dispatcher - SAP Web Dispatcher - SAP Library

Increase SAP ICM HTTP_TIMEOUT Runtime - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki

Just to add these parameters:

rdisp/max_wpun_time (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a4dcf62d-0a01-0010-afa5-e8edcecbc...)

SXMB_ADM -> Integration engine -> Category: RUNTIME->HTTP_TIMEOUT

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, thank you very much.

I increased ICM proc.timeout and it helped.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey

I don't have access to a dual stack system to test out the HTTP adapter. However, an alternative I can think of if you want to avoid a global parameter is to switch to a SOAP adapter and use "Do not use SOAP envelope" so that it still behaves like an HTTP adapter.

If you switch to a SOAP adapter, you can add the parameter XI.Timeout = 300000 (example 5 minutes in milliseconds) to configure a channel specific timeout.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, thank you. It's a good idea to try using SOAP adapter instead.

But it would be still interesting to know how to adjust timeout for ABAP HTTP channel.