cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic settlement on WBS level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have scenario that I have created settlement on activity level so my requirement is that after doing settlement on activity level, is my Network, WBS, Project automatically settled based on settlement on activity level or I have to settle individually after activity settlement.

Regards,

Faizan Khalil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

can anyone tell me the solution of my query?

Regards,

Faizan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Automatic settlement is like, you need to create a batch job for CJB1 transaction.

First thing, from where it is getting settled to Activity ?

Once the actual cost are posted to the activity

1. Activity cost is settled to the Network

2. Network cost is settled to WBS

3. WBS cost is settled to Project

You can create batch job in SM36 with 3 different steps and schedule when it has to execute daily or monthly etc.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

Thank you for your response. I am a bit confused here. What I can understand is i need to settle activity to netwrok, network to wbs and then finally WBS to project separately and just settlement of activity to network is not enough??????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faiza,

We need to understand, PS project are only cost carrying object. cost on project (can be NWA, NH, WBS) needs to be settled finally to settlement object like profit center, cost center, settlement cost element and so on. This settlement allows FI and CO to extract report and draw PL balance sheet not only at project level also at enterprise structure level like company code. profit center and so on.

Hence there is need for settling the cost to final settling object.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets make it very clear for you to understand that at activity level we procure materials and at period end the total cost of activity is settled to AUC (Asset under construction). So after our settlement of activity to AUC should I need to settle it further over network then WBS and finally to project of settlement of activity to AUC is enough?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Below is the structure.

Project

WBS Element (AuC / FXA)

Network

Activities

1. Cost which is posted at activity level, should be settled to network

2. From Network it should to be settled to its WBS element.

If WBS element has cost, then it will be settled to AuC.

3. In the WBS element, you have AuC, so when you settle the WBS element it will go to AuC.

4. In that WBS, they will maintain Fixed Asset (FXA), from AuC the cost is settled to FXA

Additionally refer below link

Project Settlement - Costs - SAP Library

Regards

Terence

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the receiver on the settlement rule on the Network Activity?  Is it an AuC or a WBS?

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

CJB1 and CJB2 check these t-code for automatically settlement rule.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

my requirement is that once I define settlement rule and settled that activity during execution of CJ20N, from that settlement, it will automatically drive to network, WBS and project level instead of executing settlement on manually on network, WBS and project level.

I hope now you understand my question.

Regards,

Faizan