cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max character length of a string in SAP profile parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how can I define the character length of a string of an SAP profile parameter value ? What is the max value for SAP R/3 (4.7) version?

Thanks.

Suman.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

Thanks for your reply.

Originally I am facing an issue with start profile parameter for IGS.

My current parameter set is like following

_IGS = igswd.exe

Start_Program_06 = local $(DIR_INSTANCE)\igs\bin\$(_IGS) -dir=$(DIR_INSTANCE)\igs -mode=all -sysnam.

Length of this parameter string is 80 and I want to set it like following

_IGS = igswd.exe

Start_Program_06 = local $(DIR_INSTANCE)\igs\bin\$(_IGS) -dir=$(DIR_INSTANCE)\igs -mode=all -sysname=<SID> -sysno=<NR>. This will be of length 95 character.

From SAP side I not able to set the parameter value as it is not allowing me to do this.

Also I am quite sure if I change it from OS level, and I import the parameter after restart, it will not take all the length of characters.

For this reason I placed my above query.

Thanks,

Suman.

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Suman,

as per KBA above the string length in a parameter should be possible up to 128 characters and with the correction from the note 1582914 it should be possible up to 512 characters.

Do you get any errors when you try to set the parameter Start_program_06 as described above? What is the basis support package level of the system?

Regards,
Alwina Enns

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Suman,

could you please provide an example, which parameter you are trying to set? Did you already check the KBA:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2215040

Regards, Alwina