cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I get started after installing Solman?

0 Kudos

We are planning an upgrade project to ECC Enhp7 and will be installing Solution Manager for the first time?

There are so many tools and features to choose from that I'm not sure where to start.

There is Change Management (Charm), Test Management, Custom Code management and many other features

to implement.  I know it would be overwhelming to try everything at once.

Does anyone have a roadmap to recommend how to go about leveraging Solution Manager?

Any tips on how to get started will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike Arnold

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

if you don't have any technical needs (e.g. technical monitoring of systems) and you want to support an upgrade project I would start with Solution Documentation (documentation of your business processes) and PPM (project management).

The documentation of your business processes is a prerequisite for an integrated test management which is also very helpful for the integration testing of your upgrade.

If you think about implementing solution documentation, I would start with Solman 7.2 (not 7.1) because here the documentation of business processes has improved a lot compared to 7.1.

Regards

Martina

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

in addition to the other (correct) answers: it is possible to make the very basic technological settings for Solution Manager in

• transaction SPRO
  • click "SAP Reference IMG"
  • "SAP Solution Manager"
  • read the "Read Me" guide, then click on "Basic Configuration"
  • "Basic Configuration: Guided Procedure".

Generally what this makes is assuring that the technical prerequisites for SolMan (profile parameters, users / roles, etc) are fine.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check out http://support.sap.com/ekt-solutionmanager .

There are plenty of demos and documents, you can get a general overview as well as more hands-on how-to documents for the different Solution Manager scenarios.

If you use ChaRM or ITSM, Dolores Correa has a very good series of SCN documents and blogs:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-61007 

If you click on Dolores's name, you'll see all the blogs.

There is also the SCN Wiki:

Solution Manager Home - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

These functionalities can be implemented if we have the particular business case.

I will say if you had completed the system preparation and basic configuration you must perform the managed system configuration first.

Once you integrate, I assume that you already have EWA reports in your system. Then you can proceed for solution documentation, technical monitoring and change request management.

Thanks

Rishav