cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue during Odata services Activation for Fiori App Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We successfully installed the software components UITRV001 100 SP06 and EA-HR 607 SP44 as a prerequistic for the Fiori App "My Travel and Expenses" implementaion.

As a part of configuration, when we try to activate the Odata service TRV_TE_CRE via /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE transaction, we don't get the backend services result. (see attached screenshot).

Any ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Odata service name also is not correct.

It is "PAOC_TRV_SRV" for the mentioned app. "TRV_TE_CRE" is the name of SAPUI5 application which you need to activate from tcode SICF.

Front-End Server : Activate OData Services

Component

Technical Name

OData Service (Version Number)

• PAOC_TRV_SRV ( 001 )

For more information about how to activate the OData service, see Front-End Server: Activate OData Services .

Front-End Server: Activate SAP UI5 Application

Component

Technical Name

SAP UI5 Application

TRV_TE_CRE

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

Thank you for the Information.

It was an mistake, yeah you're correct, OData Service is PAOC_TRV_SRV.

Now, i get the message result Backend Services are already registered for System Alias LOCAL from popup screen Information.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Sreenu

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message indicates that the OData service has already been activated. You should be able to find the service in Service Catalog. Check what system alias is assigned to this service in the bottom right hand side - it should be the system alias of the back end ERP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

From transaction /niwfnd/error_log, I found that Odata service is in Inactive status for Soft State Status. (see attached screenshot)

Can you suggest me any workaround to resolve this?

Thank you,

Sreenu

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Soft Status as inactive should not be a problem. Are you able to test the service by clicking on the Gateway Client button?

ChristiaanBITBW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu,

click on "Call Browser" in the "ICF Nodes" section. You should get a XML output.

When yes, everything is OK.

Kind regards,

Christiaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiaan,

No, it is not ok.

Eventhough, I get the XML ouput without any issues. But, still I don't find the Fiori App My Travel and Expenses in Fiori Launchpad.

Kind regards,

Sreenu

mathewzdavis
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu

Have you given the appropriate roles for the user?

Thanks

Mathew

ChristiaanBITBW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu,

I was referring to your initial problem which is solved.
But I have the same problem not seeing the app nor the catalog (see Fiori Launchpad Designer - no catalogs are displayed).
Do you see the catalog (X-SAP-UI2-CATALOGPAGE:SAP_TRAVEL_TC_T) in Fiori Launchpad Designer?

Kind regards,

Christiaan

arun_krishna567
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

What is your system landscape Central-hub or Embedded pattern?

If it is Central-Hub pattern, provide your Backend system alias and try once again.

Note : Central-Hub means Backend server and Frontend server are in different system.

Regards,

Arun Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

We're using Embebbed system i.e. Backend server and Frontend server are the same.

With this option, we maintained two system aliases (system SID and Local) in SPRO-> SAP Netweaver -> Gateway -> OData Channel -> Configuration -> Connection Settings -> SAP NetWeaver Gateway to SAP system -> Manage SAP System Aliases (See attached screenshot).

Any ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your system alias definition for the LOCAL system looks fine. Have you checked in the Add Service screen by selecting the LOCAL system and entering the correct OData service name PAOC_TRV_SRV? Alternatively, select the LOCAL system and click the Get Services button and from the list of services that is shown check if you can see PAOC_TRV_SRV.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for your information.

Still, I don't find the service in transaction /n/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE.

Actually, I tried by selecting the LOCAL system as System Alias in both ways by filtering the Backend services with technical service name PAOC_TRV_SRV and also by listing all the services without filtering this service name.

I also get the popup screen Information Backend Services are already registered for System Alias 'LOCAL'. (see attached screenshot)

Any ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you go to the transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE on the front end system, under Service Catalog it shows the list of already activated OData services. Check if you are able to find the entry ZPAOC_TRV_SRV here (without clicking the Add Service button).

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

No, not helpful. I searched the service with both names ZPAOC_TRV_SRV and PAOC_TRV_SRV under service catalog but I haven't found it.

Any other ideas, please?

Thank you,

Sreenu

ChristiaanBITBW
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu,

try putting PAOC_TRV_SRV in Field "External Service Name" and then "Get Services".

Kind regards,

Christiaan

arun_krishna567
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasa,

Check your SICF node /default_host/sap/opu/odata/"your service" is active or inactive.

If it is inactive, activate the service and try again once.

Regards,

Arun Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I tried but i get no result (empy).

Kind regards,

Sreenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Service already activated in SICF.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sreenu

lynn_lin
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

I followed the steps mentioned in the OSS note 2136347 but it is not really helpful in troubleshooting the issue.

Any other ideas, please?

Thank you,

Sreenu

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already suggested by Sarbjeet, firstly you need to activate the OData service PAOC_TRV_SRV and not TRV_TE_CRE (this is the name of the SAPUI5 app). Also ensure that you are using the system alias of your back end system while doing Add Service (in case you are using central hub architecture).

Regards,

Saurabh