cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight condition value split for multiple item categories.

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have one typical requirement as regards freight condition usage in sales order. Let me say procedure first...

I have created two different item categories (ZEXP & ZCKP). In a sales order, I am using two line items each one having each item category with same pricing procedure.

I used freight at header level as a group condition with a fixed amount of 4000/- USD, system split the condition value and allocated 2000/- USD to each item category. One item category has order related proforma invoice & another item category has delivery related actual billing document.

Now, the typical requirement is that system should not split the freight condition value and allocate to order related proforma invoice. The whole 4000/- USD freight condition value is required for delivery related billing document where full amount should have financial entry.

I request any one of you come up with good solution...

Thanks & Regards

Vidya Sagar Chintalapudi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

Problem Solved. Thanks to you all.

Regards

Vidya Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uncheck Group condition in respective  Condition type

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shvaprakash,

If I remove check mark this, system will post financial entry for each line item proportionately. But, I want only one financial entry with lumpsum amount.

Thanks & Regards

Vidya Sagar

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am a bit confused what exactly you wish to achieve.

Maybe it would be easier if you can provide an example how the outcome should look like?

Do you want that these 4000 are not distributed to both items, but only to items, relevant for delivery?

Or you don' want that freight condition  in the F5 proforma at all?

What about if you create a F8 proforma to print valuated delivery note - do you expect to show 4000 or 2000 or zero?

Order-related proformas are typically used to inform the customer about a payment, that he has to make or for a preliminary estimation how much it will cost him to get the products if all can be delivered in full with a single delivery, before you can create the actual delivery document.

Why would you enter freight costs in the order with the intention to bill them finally and not show them in the order proforma?

You can have both items in a F5 proforma and show the freight as it is distributed in the order, so why would you have a split at all?

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina Paykova,

Thanks for you reply...

Client required to add same item two times in sales order those have two item categories each. One with order related proforma invoice & another delivery related billing document. This proforma invoice is only for internal reporting purpose without reduction of stock from inventory and needs to submit to Government authorities before exports.

After clearance from authorities, they will create delivery initially with order reference and create billing document with reference to delivery where financial entries should happen.

Note: Freight condition is group header condition which will be entered manually in a sales order.

Example:

For instance, sales order contains 4000 freight condition, same item entered two times with different item categories. When I creating order related proforma invoice, system is considering 2000/-, later on, If I create delivery related actual billing document, system is posting 2000/- financial entry. But, I want 4000 financial entry (or) system should consider 4000 on both billing documents.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please correct me if I am wrong.

In the sales order you enter twice material A with the same quantity:

item 10 A 10 PC freight 2000 (from the header)

item 20 A 10 PC freight 2000 (from the header)

Then you create a proforma only with item 10 A 10 PC freight 2000 and send this information to the authorities.

Then you create a delivery for item 20, process further and issue a final invoice. But you wish to have 4000 in the billing document despite the fact that you declared 2000 to the authorities. Aren't your customers concerned that this could cause them serious problems?

Is it possible to use the same order item both for declaration to authorities and for delivery processing? In this case you will just have 4000 applied to the same item and the same prices for freight in proforma and in the final billing.

From what I understood for item 10 you are not processing it after proforma creation and simply reject it. Is this correct?

If there is absolutely no way to avoid this additional item (I still fail to understand the idea behind this design decision), then you can simply use a rejection reason, which would make this item statistical and the price for 4000 would go to the final billing. For the F5 document you can temporary reject the 'real' items and generate it - no additional development needed.

Of course, there is always an option to do some fancy stuff with VOFM routines or even use different pricing procedures, but from what I understand, this condition would not be the only one that would cause you problems. Rounding, logistics discounts/surcharges, various taxes...

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina Peykova,

It is too delayed the reply from my side. I have solved the issue in this way. Instead of same material code in two line items, I am using on material, accordingly, I am creating a delivery without PGI. With reference to delivery, I'll create two invoice one proforma & actual billing document. Before doing PGI, proforma Invoice & After PGI actual invoice.

Thanks for prompt response..

Thanks & Regards

Vidya Sagar