Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert ECC on HANA to S4HANA finance

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed ECC6 EH7 on HANA data base. after this i have installed SAP add-on on ECC and HANA data base SAP SMART BUSINESS SFIN 1503 .

After this i need to do any configuration for S4HANA finance system setup ?

and What is the different between SAP S4HANA and SAP S4HANA Finance.

Thanks in advance.

Jana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

S/4 HANA is the whole Enterprise simplification suite with digital being its core, It contains the various simplifications like S/4 HANA Finance, S/4 HANA Materials Management & Operations (erstwhile Simple Logistics) etc.

If you have a suite on HANA and installed only S/4 HANA Finance component, you still need to execute the migration steps for S/4 HANA Finance and than you should be ready to use the same.

S/4 HANA Finance is just one of the simplifications in S/4 HANA and you can continue to use it along with other traditional MM and SD processes for eg .However, you must already be on Suite on HANA, installed the S/4 HANA Finance Components and migrated to the same to use the S/4 HANA Finance simplification component.

Thanks & regards

Sanil Bhandari

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil Bhandari,

Thank you for your response.

Please guide me for the migration sets for S4HANA after components installation.

Thanks

Jana

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

The migration prerequisites, migration steps are listed on the below portal

Process of Migration to SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA - Migration to SAP Accounting powered by ...

You can also take up the E Course AC100 on Learning hub, which will walk you through the migration steps

Thanks & regards

Sanil Bhandari

PS: If your question is resolved, please close your thread so that others on the forums can look at the solution for a similar query.