cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic post change on Putaway with a separate storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a questions on Putaway with a separate storage location. Anyone know how to post change automatic? After I use putaway with a separate storage location, the interim storage bin generates same figures both positive and negative. I know to use the transaction code LQ01 to write off them. However, how to write off automatically. I read SAP online help, it says go to spro->LE->warehous management->Interfaces->Inventory Management->define storage location control->stor.location control in warehouse mgnt,  the post change generates automatically if the column combine post.changes not set. But I can't get the result. So I think maybe there is some place need to set. Anyone gives me a help?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried all suggestions you gave. However, all are fail. The picture is my current setting, 6001 location is target location, 6003 is interim location, anything is miss or wrong?

Many thanks to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give a screenshot of LX02, stock position in 922 stor. type  with "+" and "-" to help us analyze.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thank you for your help.

This is the LX02 screen, could you help me to check where is my wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

What I have understood from your screenshots is that you are doing GR in sloc 6003(Ref. sloc) and TO against TR is having sloc 6001(Standard Sloc). That's why the above stock scenario is. As per your configuration, combined posting change indicator is not set, that means the system carries out the posting change in the background immediately after you confirm the transfer order. May be due to some reason system has failed to do so resulting the above abnormal stock position.

As a remedy, do IM movement of sloc to sloc transfer ( 6003 to 6001) which will nullify the positive and negative entries both. Hope this will help.

Regards,

Prithwis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention, in the config you should maintain the mail ID and the receiving end so that the same scenario happens and system fails to do IM movement in background after putaway TO confirmation, the error log , which can be referred for analysing purpose,will be triggered.

Thanks

Prithwis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thank you for your suggestions first.

I made a test, setting mail ID in my system, However, nothing happens. Actually, I have little knowledge to confige mail system in SAP. I just set a mail account in automatic and use SO01 to check. Do you have any other idea or suggestions?

Thank you so much again!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is GORDON your SAP user ID? if not then enter there your user ID

if you mark Express then you get a pop-up when a mail arrives

Did you add the 01 from your mail setup also to the movement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

I set the mail ID in the movment. But I still can't get any mail in SAP. Could you let me know where I miss?

Thank you so much agian!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your information is not consistent through this discussion.

Earlier you talked about warehouse 601 and reference movement type 101 (see your first screenshot)

and now you are in warehouse 601 and have reference movement type 501 in your screenshot.

And for this 501 you do not have an indicator for immediate TO creation entered, so it is obvious that you do not receive any mails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

As movetype 101 needs to do a purchase order, I changed movetype 501 with transaction code MB1C. It is easier and more rapid. However, I still can't do post change in WM automatically. Does it happen for specific transaciton type or transaction codes 101 and 501 difference setting in OMJJ.

Thank you for your help again!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You define per warehouse and movement type whether you use immediate TO creation and if you get mails or not.

and I wrote before: And for this 501 you do not have an indicator for immediate TO creation entered, so it is obvious that you do not receive any mails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

First of all,I hope the storage locations you are talking about are under same warehouse as you are talking about PCN. Secondly, in config when you assign WM mvt. type to Ref. mvt. type you must tick immediate TO active and the "+" & "-" stock will vanish after TO creation and confirmation.

Regards,

Ravi

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want to flip the storage location (Posting change notice) automatically upon Transfer order confirmation then you need to actiavate the ref storage location setting. refer the below mentioned thread for setting

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3548165

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What are your settings in OMLR ?

Have you maintained a Stor Loc Ref for mvt 101 with the "Create PCN" check box active ?

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

I did not follow completely what you are looking for. Could explain scenario in detail?

BR

Kamlakar