cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access report with report name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am accessing the report using the report ID, is there a way to access it using the name. So even if the ID changes, the report can be still accessed using its name. If more than one copy of the same report is available in different folders how will it pick and chose the report to run?

Thanks,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kamalessh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You can use the report name and the CUID of the report.

SI_ID -> used to identify an object in one environment. It does not stay the same across environments.

SI_CUID -> used to uniquely identify an object across different deployments (e.g. development, staging and production). When using the Import Wizard, this value stays the same across environments.

However there is a constraint in this. If the report is save manually then the CUID will be changed.

Please go through the below link for more details.

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?p=617787

Thanks,

Kamalessh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you use SI_ID in the GET? Like this - GET = raylight\v1\documents\SI_ID??

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your SI_ID is 1234, then the call is:

GET   ../raylight/v1/documents/1234

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SI_ID and reportID are same and it changes when a report is copied or saved in a different folder. So it doesn't work.

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

If a report with the same name exists in several different folders, then the way to identify the different reports is with its folder ID so you know which folder and which report you are looking for.  You can't have two objects of the same type with the same name in a single folder.

If you copy a report to a different folder using the restful API then you need to specify its parent folder ID to do the copy and the response gives you the ID of the new copy so that should not be an issue. You have the required values to identify the report.

Navigation of the repository through the REST APIs is achieved using the ID or CUID of objects in the repository and should be able to achieve what you need to do.   Also, have a look at the following thread: http://scn.sap.com/message/16530383#16530383

If I've missed something in your requirements, please let me know,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the response.

My requirement is to export a report to PDF and i am able to do it with RESTFUL. But there are many users accessing the same report copy (same report name in different folder) but with slight design changes. Instead of capturing each report by its ID, i was thinking if i can capture by the report name.

I think accessing by report name is not possible, like you suggested i have to try using folderID

Thanks,

Arun

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Maybe you could use a new feature in 4.2 BIP RESTful webservices allowing to execute a query to the CMS (selecting document having a given name) ?

Regards,

Anthony