cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we install PPM RDS halfway through manual configuration?

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am configuring PPM 6.1.

So far just copied an item type and using default decision points besides configuring values of dropdown like priority and status.

Now I am thinking if we can install RDS, can it speed up my configuration activity.

Does anyone have experience of installing RDS over a PPM system which is partially configured without any customizing? Can we do this and have the rds run fine? An intelligent guess will help

Regards,

Ashwini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

SAP Provides with five different scenarios  in RDS.  It depends on which scenario you are going with.

There is a scenario which it integrates with ECC. If you want this scenarios to be activated then you need to first install the ERP 607 RDS and then PPM RDS. And also you have standlone scenario where we can use only PPM , this scenario does not require the ERP RDS.

If you have already tried to configure the system with best practice manually , i suggest to reset the config using cust copy transaction and run the RDS. But to run the rds you need couple of addon's to be installed.

Thanking

Vengaiah

ashwinipingle
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for this info.

If we run cust_copy, then all our config gets reset and we get a clean slate to start.

Regds,

Ashwini

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes ur right...

Answers (0)