cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Placement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need a tip...where should i place the images in the server so that i can use them in webdynpro.

Thanks

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Its mentioned in this discussion that we can place the images in the global folder.

How is it different from placing it in any other folder in the server. Unless i place it in the mimes\components of the particular application i am not able to access the image by giving the image name only.

How can i access images if they are in a different foler.What should i give for image source?

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj

If you place the images in the global folder you can have access to these images in all the webdynpro components you are developing thus being a central store for all the images.

Kishore

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nagakishore,

How do i access the image if its there.If its in the components folder i give the image name alone.

If i put it global folder,its not accessible with the image name alone.what should i give in the source property if the image ...????

And if i put it say c:\ drive of the server that will also be global rite.. Can u shed more light regarding this.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharatwaj

you can access the images as follows.

~<image folder name>/<image name>

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can place them also inside the Web Dynpro component. To do so, import the image files into folder src/mimes/Components/<component> using Eclipse Navigator view.

Having done this, you can simply use the filename of an image as the source of an Image or Link UI element. Web Dynpro will generate the correct URL automatically.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

Place the images folder in the following directory

\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\webdynpro\web\sap.com\tcwddispwda\global

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will try and let you.

Thanks

Tom