cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP6 to ECC6 system connection - JCo Destination Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are trying to configure JCo destinations for our WD application to connect to ECC6 system from NW04 J2EE engine. The same application used to conenct to R/3 4.7 without any problem. But when we are trying to connect to this new ECC system it is giving some strange error as below. We have checked the SLD settings like installation number, ECC system host, port number, logon group etc - and everything looks good. But stillf acing the problem. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

The Error is:

<b>com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=lnxeccd1 GROUP=ZTEST R3NAME=FS3 MSSERV=sapmsFS3 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR The message received isn't from a message server. Are you really connected to the message server? Please check your connection parameters. (lnxeccd1 / sapmsFS3) TIME Wed Apr 18 05:16:55 2007 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT MS (message handling interface, multithreaded) VERSION 4 RC -29 MODULE msxxi.c LINE 2496 COUNTER 6</b>

Regards,

Shubhadip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai iam also facing same problem ,

can you help me on this error

if your problem is solved.

how can i resolve this problem pls help me.

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) In visual Admin --> SLD Data Supplier

You specify the connection parameteres with user name & password to connect to the SLD,

give localhost:50000 (if u are using SLD of local WAS)

give <RemoteSLDServer>:<port> (if u r using SLD of some remote server)

2) Now in SLD, you create a technical system, which will be connecting SLD to R/3 system.

3) Now using above technical System, you define & create Logical System (JCo Connections) in your content Administrator of Web Application Server, on which you will deploy your Dynpro Application.

Hence your application will connect to R/3 function modules using JCO's which will use technical system defined in SLD & which will be connected & authorized by configuration Visual Administrator. Just let me know if above all are right in your case

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijeet,

thanks for your reply. Well - all these steps are already done. As I said earlier I could connect the same application's JCo destinations to 4.7 R3 systems. So all the steps are already done. Now the problem is coming when I am trying to connect to a ECC6 SAP backend. Here also we have created SLD Tech ABAP system, Visual Admin settings are already there. I could create the JCo destinations also successfully. But when I test the destinations I am getting the error as I mentioned in my earlier post.

Regards,

Shubho

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

goto r3-> sap logon pad-> select your r3 server ->click on Groups,

here put the 3 letter system name and clck generate list, check if it gives any error

regards

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sumit,

I am able to ping the server from the command prompt.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai iam also facing same problem ,

can you help me on this error

if your problem is solved.

how can i resolve this problem pls help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer [SAP Java Connector Problem Analysis Scenarios|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/f6/daea401675752ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

With Regards,

Laksh.