cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira based on HANA requires 2nd logon

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We published Lumira documents based on HANA (online or Offline) and published to BI platform.

Our users login to BI Launchpad and try to open lumira document. Again 2nd logon to HANA is required.

Is there anyway , can we avoid 2nd logon? I believe SAML SSO form BI platform and HANA is required to avoid the 2nd logon.

I just need to know how others are doing it. Is there any plan from SAP avoiding the 2nd logon?

We are also building Lumira documents source to Universe based on HANA views.

Lumira BIP add on 1.29

BI 4.1 SP5

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I knew SSO via SAML is possible. Thanks for sharing the link.

Just want to check how others are doing it?

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more question Tammy.

When we build the Lumira document HANA offline option, what ever the data acquired in Lumira document is only the day lumira document was created . Am I right?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On these last 2 questions - I don't know - and to follow SCN rules I recommend 1) searching the forum and if you can find then 2) creating a new discussion

shankarsgs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar

For the Offline connection, you are right. The data is embedded with the Lumira document like rest of the data source and every refresh fetches the latest data.

Regarding the second login, We would need SSO that should be implemented, It can be a SAML based or Windows AD SSO to both BI Platform and SAP HANA. (but works on IE browser)

Regards

Shankar

Answers (0)