cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 0TCT* technical content activation error in BW7.4 onHANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have activated a technical content BW statistics objects on our BW7.4 on HANA. The dataloads work fine in our development environment, but when I try to transport to UT environment, the transport fails with an activation error,

InfoSource 0TCTTABCAT_TEXT is not available in source system UT

Error when activating DataSource 0TCTTABCAT_TEXT UT

The datasource is in 7.0 version.

I tried to re-collect the datasource again from the RSA1 - >Transport Connection , it does not show any dependent Infosource that also needs to be collected.

Has anyone encountered similar issue.

Appreciate any suggestions or inputs on this

Thanks,

Tintu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was able to solve the issue finally.

Thank you Sander for your inputs. I first changed the datasource type to OSOA in the request.

Then collected the upward and downward flow for that datasource(Infopackage, Transformation, DTP and target Infocube) in the same request. From RSA9 collected APCO_MERGED in the same request.

Post this the objects moved successfully to test.

Thanks for your inputs.

-Tintu

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tintu,

I think that the problem is that the DataSource in the Source System (i.e. SAP BW) is still a local object. I suggest to go to t/code RSA6, search for DataSource 0TCTTABCAT_TEXT and the change the Object Directory Entry from $TMP to a transportable Package. You will be prompted for a trasnport request. After that, release the transport request.

Then you have to import the transport request in the subsequent BW system. Afterwards, re-import the failed transport request.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

Thank you for your inputs.

I tried the steps as mentioned by you in Development system, but it showed the package as what we usually use for transport instead of $TMP.

I also tried to collect it in a transport request using RSA1-> Transport Connection.

Tried reimporting but it still does not work. The transport fails with same error :

InfoSource 0TCTTABCAT_TEXT is not available in source system UT

Error when activating DataSource 0TCTTABCAT_TEXT UT

Thanks,

Tintu

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tintu,

I think that we are talking about two different things. In RSA1 Transport Connection we can collect the BW objects, i.e. DataSource (replica) with object type R3TR RSDS.

I was referring to the DataSource in the (BW) Source System, i.e. the DataSource which can maintain using t/code RSA6. This one is a different object with object type R3TR OSOA.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sander,

I went to RSA6 in development system, searched for datasource 0TCTTABCAT_TEXT, and then clicked on change object direct entry. It showed a Z* package which we normally use and not "$TMP".

After that I clicked on the truck symbol to transport the datasource. It gave me a message "Action completed successfully" but no prompt for any transport request.

Am I missing any steps here.

Thanks & Regards,

Tintu Scaria

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tintu,

The bottom line is that you have to create a transport request for the DataSource (with object type R3TR OSOA), one way or the other. If it cannot be done using the corresponding functions in t/code RSA6, then I suggest to manually create a transport request of type workbench (t/code SE01). Include manually R3TR OSOA 0TCTTABCAT_TEXT. Release the transport request and import it into the subsequent system. After that, repeat the import of the BW transport requests.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It looks like your datasource is already in one request which is not yet transported.

Please go to SE16

display table E071-

PGMID = R3TR

OBJECT = OSOA

OBJ_NAME = 0TCTTABCAT_TEXT

and see if any request is there and check status of that request.

move this request to production.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

Thank you for your input.

I was able to create a transport request manually and change it from R3TR RSDS to R3TR OSOA.

But the transport is now giving me warning : "Application component TCT of DataSource 0TCTTABCAT_TEXT does not exist"

And I do not see the datasource still active in my QA system. do I need to manually activate TCT application component in each environment QA/PROD or is there a way to transport it.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Tintu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

I managed to collect the APCO_MERGED from RSA9, and then all the datasources impacted in my dev box so they all got collected as OSOA instead of RSDS. I could finally move the transport without any errors or warning, but still the datasource shows inactive in my QA box.

I tried running the program RSDS_DATASOURCE_ACTIVATE_ALL to activate the datasource direct in QA but it gives me a message : "There is no DataSource with these attributes"

Is there anything else that I would be missing here.

Thanks & Regards,

Tintu