Check in - different repositories

former_member334926
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have following scenario:

- 3 different DMS documents type: ABC, CDE and XYZ

- 2 different repositories: CS1 and CS2

In CV01N files (pdf, xls, jpg) for DMS types ABC and CDE should be archived automatically in CS1 without popup Check in Document: KPRO.

In the same transaction, files (pdf, xls, jpg) for DMS type XYZ should be automatically archived to CS2, without popup Check in Document: KPRO.

I need to do this without development. As possible?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding the requested behavior I think that the best option here would be to use the BADI DOCUMENT_STORAGE01 with method BEFORE_LIST_STORAGECAT in your system. Because in the standard it is only possible to choose if the storage category gets filled automatically or if the user can decide.

But with the BADI method you can implement a special check and raise a small pop-up where the user can decide to use option 1 or 2. So you can realize a solution where it is possible to have automatically

assigned storage categories or if necessary the standard pop-up is raised where the user can pick up a storage category manually.

With the "Define profile" functionality I think you will not be able to get a difference based on the document type. Because here the storage category can only be defined for each workstation application. So the BADI option offers you more flexibility for your selection criterias.

I hope that my proposal could be useful for you to realize the desired

behavior.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use user profile with respect to user ID / Roles, Then assign the roles to the specific user then system will not give you pop up it will automatically determine based profile.

Rgds,

Nayeem.