cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No error in VK11while creating a pricing condition error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a pricing condition type set up as Sales org / Customer/ Material.

However, my user wants an error or warring msg while creating the condition records if material does not belong to the Sales org. SAP allowed post the pricing condition record through VK11 if Material does not belong to the sales org – how to stop that any idea ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have not included the distribution channel in the sequence - why?

How could the system issue a message for material not defined for a combination of sales organization and distribution channel, when you don't specify the distribution channel at all?

I would suggest to include the distribution channel in the sequence. If the company does not wish to maintain separate conditions for all distribution channels, this is where common distribution channels can reduce the workload.

If you are concerned about the discipline of the key users maintaining condition records for the wrong materials or with other incorrect data, the money could be better spent in educating them how pricing works or using release statuses, so that the condition records could be checked by somebody qualified for the job. If the conditions are created by master data team, they can easily check the list against MVKE before uploading.

If you absolutely need to implement some additional checks for pricing condition records, which are not available in standard, there is a BTE, which can be used for this purpose: 00503305 Maintain conditions: Field check.

Read sap note 325551 - Field check and field texts in condition tables for additional details how to do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Veselina. Any idea how to implement the 00503305 Maintain conditions: Field check

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I mentioned that the BTE makes sense if you wish to implement additional checks that are not available in standard, but for your specific case this will not solve the real problem, you will just use the budget without getting good results in return.

The note, which I mentioned, 325551 - Field check and field texts in condition tables, provides very good instructions how you can add additional checks.

In your case, I suspect that (if there is no additional development done to prevent that), after you add the distribution channel to the access sequence, you will get the message Material &1 not defined for sales organization &2 with dist. channel &3 (VK007).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina - Can pls help here.  how to implement the FM. Thanks

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read my previous post, you might not even need a development. Add a distribution channel to your access sequence and try again.

As to how to implement changes in FIBF - I suggest to discuss the topic with a colleague from your development department. He should know how to copy a FM and add the checks as per your requirement.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Veselina,

I have not tested if by adding distribution channel, then system will check if material is maintained in sales org and dis channel combination in VK11 / 2. But if business wants to maintain with sales org, material and customer, then just to have a system validation in place, adding distribution channel to the key combination would create more condition record maintenance (unnecessary) thus more work!

What to do about the existing condition records of table which you intend to change, by adding dis channel to it!!

Best way is to empower the business users, (extra check) key users and DMT by training and access to SE16 / SE16N where applicable.

TW

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can confirm that VK007 error message is issued if the material is not extended to the sales org and distribution channel.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My idea was to try all possible solutions before going for development.

If they can use common distribution channels for pricing in the sales organization, then it would not result in bigger effort, but that depends on how their business is done.

The number of additional condition records depends on their structure and current business practice.

From what I have seen, customer/material combinations for pricing discounts are not that common compared to the total number of customers, and the same customer buying the same material in several distribution channels in the same sales organization happens even less often.

I doubt that a check whether a material is extended only for VKORG in the BTE would be sufficient to ensure data quality.

If they can properly train their support desk and the business users (which is a must, anyway) to perform some checks with queries and use release statuses for pricing conditions, then yes, there would be some additional effort, but the business users would feel better knowing that they maintain control over the process.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

go for the same combination we use for material extension for sales i.e. sales organization and distribution channel as also suggested by other valued members of the space. It'll work if material ZZZZZZZZZZZZ not defined for the combination of sales organization and distribution channel and message VK007 will be prompted as per standard behavior of the system. Trust me on this, you don't need to go for any development if you'll create the condition table accordingly. Thanks.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joydeep,

This is an interesting real-time "issue" you have put forward.

Thinking about it, I feel SAP is behaving correctly.

A material is not extended to the sales organization is a different master data. On the other hand, maintaining condition records for that material with a sales org (any sales org, extended or not) is another master data. And both should not have any dependency. Suppose, the first is not done but business wants to maintain condition records for the future, this should be allowed by the system.

What impact will it have on business? If material is not extended, then that pricing condition record value would not populate in your transaction data (sales order, bill etc.) so there is nothing to worry.

As said by members, you could create a step-by-step document, or you could advice the keyuser to do so.

It is also interesting to know, who is creating these pricing condition records, is it the key users? or a central DMT data maintenance team? or users of finance department? or?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW - liked your argument - condition records will be created in centralized support center miles away from key users. Business is concern about the data quality and at the moment they do not have MDM & MDG solution in place for pricing condition records.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case maybe the idea of using release status for conditions would be a good approach.

The business can provide the information on the condition records in a template file and after receiving information on condition creation, a key user can verify the correctness and set the status to 'released'.

My main point is that you cannot make condition maintenance 100% fool-proof. How can you be sure that they will set the correct price, even if they manage to enter the correct material?

One possible way to minimize mistakes could be to provide good training materials and some unofficial training to the people from the support center, if the company cannot afford to hire qualified personnel.

Some companies enforce rules that you cannot work in the productive environment until you pass an end-user knowledge validation exam, but unfortunately this is not a common practice.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joydeep,

To clarify, the centralized support center wants an error message when the material is not maintained in the sales organization. Please confirm.

Every table will have a different key combination, further there are various functionalities which use the condition technique in SD and in other modules, so for all tables and for how many functionalities (output, rebate, free goods etc.) will you create logic / validations?

Understand the process, how does business request for new records, do they document that in excel and sent it via email or .....? Have checking at the creation of this excel, may two stages of checking. This way the data will be created correctly and data quality will be of a high level for a long period without expensive development.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

TW - Thanks for your input. Business will send the records in an excel file.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the following message number is active in your system under SE91

007Material &1 not defined for sales organization &2 with dist. channel &3
Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the message class pls?