cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Interface in the PCo side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks

Is it possible to have a user interface in the PCo side ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

What type of user interface are you referring to? Visualization of the data that PCo accesses?

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

It is a kind of interface where the user can control the machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

Do you mean to say you want the user automated control via something over Pco?

Regards,

Saptaparna

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

PCo does not have User Interface to provide machine control. For simple control you can do this with a bit of configuration in MII 15.1 Self Service Composition Environment and transactions.

What kind of control are you trying to implement, for how many machine data points?

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think is better if I explain the context:

The customer has one machine that is a vertical warehouse, this machine has some controls that the user uses to bring goods automatically.

This machine have its own software. The software have a user interface where the users can control the machine, they use these controls. The software also have webservices for external integration.

Those webservides are consumed in a MII shop-floor solution. I was the MII consultant that developed this solution three years ago.

Now, that software is old and deprecated, just runs in windows xp and have no support anymore. The machine is still good but that software is not.

The customer wants to develop a new solution in SAP PCo and use it instead of that machine software.

What do you think ?

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

My understanding is that you want to take over some SCADA functionalities by controlling the machine.

It depends on what interface it actually has. If it has webservice interface, as you mentioned, that allows to control the machine, then why don't you keep using MII for this? You can create a nice UI from which the corresponding webservices would be called. And you can do it from basically any browser on any machine.

How PCo can be used in this case? As you know it supports webservice Destination systems, but PCo is not designed to provide a UI for Destination systems (you can just test them from Management Console).

So, I would rather stick to MII unless you explain why it is not feasible for you.

Br, Alex.