Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPI Inspector - Only displaying errors not full trace

richie2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've been using the very useful XPI Inspector for a while now, usually to troubleshoot adapters & channels.

I've been used to getting a result with a large record count, containing basically a full trace of Java messages. Following a restart of PI I now get *only* error messages.

Anyone know how to get it to start outputting full logs again?

Have looked in the SAP guide for the tool and other obvious places but without sucess. Eternally grateful for any help.

Richard

PI 711

XPI Inspector 4.5

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

As a starting point, I would recommend updating to the latest version of the XPI tool. The version 4.5 is very old and a little unstable. There have been many improvements in the meantime.

See note 1514898 XPI Inspector for troubleshooting XI, for details.

Regards
Mark

richie2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark - the good News is that updating to the Version linked to in the note has fixed the Problem and I now see all the Messages, not just the Errors.

The bad News (apart from this Editor annoyingly auto-capitatlising various words) is that, despite being date-stamped 24th Nov 2015, my XPI Inspector is now at Version 4.31, according to the 'About' popup.

Do you know where I can get the latest Version?

Regards,

Richard

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I'm pretty sure 4.31 is the latest version. I'm not sure exactly when this was released but Nov 2015 is quite recent. Why do you think this is not the latest version?

P.S. sorry I can't help with the Editor issues you are having but it put a smile on my face to read about it - seems like your Caps lock is going a bit crazy .

Regards
Mark

richie2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Maybe I read wrongly, but I thought the Version before I did the update was 4.5. But if 4.31 is the latest then all good.

Thanks for the tip.

Richard

Ps. Editor issue prob to do with my hybrid English/German language Settings in Windows. I might have to Resort to writing in html

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Have you checked the point 2 explains by Michal in his blog about the default trace?

Regards-

richie2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer I tried it out and even the default trace only shows error messages & nothing else.

So I get the feeling this may be something to do with the logging severity set in the NWA. Unfortunately I'm not a basis guy so I'm not very comfortable in there. I'm going get in touch with my basis team. In the meantime any further suggestions are welcome.