cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process transit procedure and export declaration in GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For export of duty unpaid stock from our bonded warehouse, we create a transit procedure and export declaration in GTS, based on the proforma invoice in SAP. It looks like we have to process them both, although SAP states that opening the transit procedure would automatically close the export declaration.

Can anyone confirm the statement from SAP and explain how to activate this automatic closure? In our system it is not working.

Regards,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is now clear that we need both an export declaration and a transit procedure in case of export

of duty unpaid stock. Both are created automatically in GTS based on the proforma invoice in SAP.

Question we have is about the sequence of processing and about the relation between the two. Should we first complete the transit with customs (M3720 and I3714) and after that the export (M3700 and I3704)? It seems that the system is not forcing any sequence. Can someone explain the correct process?

Regards,

Ed

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

I think you'd best take advice from the Spanish authorities.

Normally you might expect to start with the Transit, and enter the MRN as the "Previous Document" in the Export Declaration.  But if the Export is a "pre-lodgment", the sequence could be the other way around.

If you are authorised to carry out customs procedures, you are expected to know the processes.

Regards,

Dave

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

As far as I know, you have to process both documents, which are for different purposes and (in some countries) communicated to different authorities.

The Transit procedure covers the journey from the warehouse to the (air)port, and the Export Declaration authorises and records the exportation of the goods leaving the border.  The Transit will generally be closed by the Port Agent, and the Export Declaration will be closed by the Customs Authority.

Perhaps others will correct me, if I have missed anything in the GTS functionality.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

If the goods being exported from Bonded warehouse would you really require a Export Declaration ?

Its just my experience, we submit only the Transit declarations for the goods getting exported form BWH and never had to deal with the export declaration in this situation and thats how I have always seen standard functionality working.

There was an option - Procedure Transition in the Process Template configuration.

Please try activating that check and see if it allows you to trigger the export declaration from Transit.

I had to deal with a different scenario in the imports however it wasn't of much help and you can give a try by activating that check. Thanks.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

SAP told us that standard process is transit and export declaration.

I don't think we need the export, but it is the export declaration that updates the duty unpaid stock in GTS.

In case you only use transit as you describe, how does the stock get updated?

Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ed,

Did SAP confirm that you need to have Transit and Export Declarations ?

Your duty unpaid stock should get updated based on the BWH movement type when the Transit export declaration is submitted.

Its juts my perspective, check with your business if that is even allowed to submit 2 declarations for such movement i.e. Transit and Export Declarations.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Business does not need export declaration for exporting bonded goods. They only need transit, but our system is generating both.

Can you explain what you mean with: "Your duty unpaid stock should be updated based on the BWH movement type when the transit document is submitted"?

Processing the transit document has no impact at all on the stock in GTS in our set up. Duty unpaid stock is only deducted after processing the export declaration?

Did we miss some settings?

Ed

lozanov-a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

some input: i have never heard of exporting goods without submitting an export declaration to the Customs authorities; its maybe done by the broker.... maybe that's why the business says they dont need it. In which country it is?

for the closing portion (reduction of stock) you need Export declaration and from it, you can create outbound transit if required;

not sure if you can avoid this process.

Kind regards

Assen