cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamically override the configuration of the SOAP adapter in HCI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a SF to SOAP scenario wherein I need to pass on data to a wsdl with multiple operations. Based upon some data from SF I need to call different operations in the WSDL. Can anyone help me with how to configure dynamic service, endpoint and operation names on SOAP 1.x receiver channel.

Help would be highly appreciated.

thanks,

Swati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

AFAIK, it doesn't seem like it's possible (at the moment) to specify dynamic values for the SOAP channel.

You might have to go for static routing, i.e. use a router element which routes to different staticly configured SOAP receiver channels based on the input from SF.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I have tried static routing as well, but I am getting the following error while using the same WSDL in 2 SOAP channels:

"Multiple SOAP channels should not use the same WSDL port name."

In the development guide SAP has given the solution as below:

"Same port names are not supported across receivers. To use same port names, you need to create copy of WSDL and use it."

I have tried that as well but it still isn't working. Can you suggest something for this?

Also can you tell me the path from where I can raise this issue to SAP, I am working on the trial version.

Thanks,

Swati

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

Are you getting the error when running checks locally in Eclipse or during deployment to the tenant?

I no longer have access to the trial tenant but am able to create an iFlow with separate channels using same WSDL (and port) but different operation.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Eng Swee,

Eclipse is letting me create and save, but once I do Execute checks I am getting this error and hence the scenario fails in execute checks.

Thanks,

Swati

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

That's weird because I am able to save it without errors. Are you using the latest Eclipse HCI plugins, can you share the versions?

Also, can you share a screenshot of both your SOAP receiver channels as well as the error you are getting the performing Execute Checks?

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thanks for your reply.

Apparently the error is resolved by unchecking the "Connect without Client Authentication" checkbox in the SOAP receiver channels.

Thanks,

Swati

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh. It's quite weird that the error provided doesn't really match the step to resolve it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes! that's what I thought. It took a lot of hit and trial to just identify it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

I don't know if in HCI you have the option of the dynamic configuration, in classical PI is the easiest way to do it

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Inaki,

I am fully aware about the PI dynamic handling in SOAP adapter but the case here is of HCI as mentioned in the problem description.

Thanks,

Swati