Please help me how to overcome this issue

Your Help will be appreciated

Thank You

Pavan Kumar Yellapu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Despite the notes we still had issues, so below are the complementary steps we followed to complete the work.

1. Although the oracle client was updated, unfortunately the file in usr/sap/<SID>/SUM/sdt/data/jdbc/new/ojdbc6.jar did not get updated when the JAVA instance was started via STARTUP profile. We were expecting the sapcpe command to overwrite the occurrences of that file, but it did not.
  2. We manually then copied ojdbc6.jar from the new oracle client into usr/sap/<SID>/SUM/sdt/data/jdbc/new, and after that the JAVA instance stated.
  3. We also updated the oracle client in usr/sap/<SID>/SUM/sdt/data/kernel (DIR_CT_RUN does not point there).
  4. We also updated the oracle client in usr/sap/<SID>/SUM/abap/exe (DIR_CT_RUN does not point there).

With that in place all was resolved.

Regards,

Juan

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

What is your SAP Component, OS & DB? And SUM patch level.

Thanks,

MPS

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through SAP Note 2161117 - Oracle: Add. Information - Software Update Manager 1.0 SP15

Section:

----------------------< I045731 MAY/14/2010 >-----------------------

Before you start the EHP Installation please check your Oracle JDBC driver.

The Software Update Manager takes the JDBC driver from the location specified in entry "rdbms.driverLocation" within file "/usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE<nr>/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/bootstrap.property". The driver specified in that entry is then copied to directory "SUM/java/lib" during the prepare process in the phase "READ_DB_DRIVER_LOCATION".

Later on, during the phases: "DETERMINE_JAVA_PORTS" or "GET_DMT_DB_INF", you may encounter the following errors in case of an outdated JDBC driver specified in the above mentioned bootstrap.property file:

====== error fragment 1 =====

Could not set up a database connection. See previous messages.

Could not establish open SQL connection. Exception com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: JDBC driver not supported for ORACLE database.

====== error fragment 1=====

====== error fragment 2=====

Error while connecting to DB. com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: JDBC driver not supported for ORACLE database. com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: JDBC driver not supported for ORACLE database.

====== error fragment 2=====

The solution for this problem is to change/update the JDBC driver used by the j2ee engine.

Detailed instructions can found in SAP Note 867976.

Thanks,

MPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish

I am thankful for Your Update and

My Current

OS - Server 2012

DB- Oracle Database 12c latest version

SUM Patch Level - 12

Please suggest us what to do further

Thank You