cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF1 Printer not giving output

0 Kudos

We want to print a Form, and expect a popup ->Save as pdf.

We print it with PDF1 printer,

Printer PDF1 settings - > Type PDF1, Standard type, Frontend Technology = G, Host Printer = _Default.

Transaction = PC00_Mf0_F16 ( custom ). Give employee details, then we get data.
Select data -> "Print Form"

But nothing happens, There is not spool request generated, We checked in SP01,
We expect a popup to save as pdf. But it does not work.

Though the pdf will be generated using RSTXPDFT4, it asks for spool request always, a tedious procedure.

Please help us generate PDF files from Forms and troubleshoot.

Any settings at Windows level also needed ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

if the application does not generate a spool, that usually means a problem with the application itself.

For this reason, first the application needs to be checked why it does not create a spool.

For example: do other applications / example transactions / programs print correct e.g. ABAP lists?

Also, another possible reason for such a problem is when ADS (Adobe Document Services) is used but the printing is not configured correctly. E.g.: SAP KBA #2072958 - "No PDL type has been found for the specified output device" is a usual example of such a problem.

Best regards,

Laszlo

0 Kudos

Thank you for reply,

With the same printer PDF1 , If I print SM51 screen, it generates spool request. Later output request and a popup, which I can save.

But the program does not generate any spool request. After giving "print form", there is no change.

When we click print error, it says

"No payroll results for the given criteria,"

But the results are displayed ( grayed out ) - they should come in the pdf form after "print form"

This is a migrated system, in older PRD it was working, in the new PRD it stopped.
So basically, I have a doubt if the program "Print program for Form 16" is faulty.

Regards,

Gunjan.

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gunjan,

thanks for the info - and unfortunately this test shows that in the processing of PC00_MF0_F16 something goes wrong.

I understand that in the "previous" system everything was fine, but this test shows that in the new system something still needs to be configured.

Please contact your module responsible, because this needs to be further analysed in the system.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for helping,
ADS Configuration had problems, The PDF print will not work until ADS is not configured,

After migration usernames etc were changed,

The ADS config tests helped, posting the link,

Configuration Check for PDF-Based Forms in ABAP - Adobe Document Services Configuration Guide - SAP ...

Thanks for help,