cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove an item category option from particular sales order type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to exclude one item category option from particular sales order type.

The sales order type is Stock order (ZSK1).

In line items, I am trying to remove one of the options within the item category. When I expand item category option, I see stock (ZINK) and drop ship (ZDRP) item category options. I want to remove the drop ship (ZDRP) item category option.

How do I remove this option from item category selection for this particular sales order type?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Item category is assigned in customizing. The path is:

Sales and Distribution - Sales - Sales Documents - Sales Document Item - Assign Item Categories

Here on the basis of sales order document type, item category group & item usage combination we assign various item categories. Cross check in your system and you should see these two or more (as maintained in your system).

Though its not clear why you want to do this but before you remove this, cross check you don't have open orders and test thoroughly.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Thanks for your reply. The reason why we are doing this for Stock order type (ZSK1) is because this sales order type should only have stock items and no drop ship. People have been entering a material and changing the item category from stock to drop ship manually when they should only be using stock item category.

I do see it being maintained here. By removing Item category ZDRP that are linked to Sales order type ZSK1 in configuration, will the ZDRP option be completely taken out of Item category selection?

We want to not have that option even be available so there is also no manual way to change it from Stock to Drop ship.

Thanks!

Kumar

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

You can first try in development/sandbox system. Test and gain confidence before moving this to production. Even get user acceptance before moving to production involving concerned parties.

Regards

Rahul

Answers (0)